Tomb Raider Knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Hey guys...Just found this on BA, it looks very much like the knife in the movie...It even comes with a detachable finger ring....
http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=630831
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Razor_54
No, that's the one I was saying isn't the same as the one in the movie. Even so, I think it's an interesting OTF and intend to get a couple, if people would stop bidding them up over $50 on BA.
spacer

Post by spacer »

the knife in this picture looks like garbage, if the blade sets that far to the side then it must wiggle quite a bit. I would only get one if I was sure that they locked more slidly than a black finger 777. I also think the switch on this tomb raider blade looks crooked and cheap. all that and I will still most likely buy one.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

I finally managed to win one under $50 a few minutes ago. BTW, I noticed on KnifeShop that Germany has passed a new law banning OTFs, so if these really are made in Germany (and not just stamped Solingen), you may want to get one soon, if interested.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Got the "Tomb Raider" knife in. Yes, the blade does wiggle a fair amount. My French G. David OTF locks up much better. I like it anyway--it's just an interesting knife to add to the collection. The blade is hollow ground on both sides, which surprised me for some reason. Let's face it, you just don't get real quality in an OTF 'til you're ready to spend upward of $300 for an American one. I'll just play with this one until I get a Sand Shark. I also got a French Bargeon in today, also from BA, and I'm pleased with it. Great snap and lock-up.