Do any of you ever use blade auction anymore?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
majorsteve

Do any of you ever use blade auction anymore?

Post by majorsteve »

I've had only one real bad experience on BA and a couple of knives have been mediocre. Most have been satisfactory, especially considering the price. I think it's fine, and oftentimes educational, for the beginning collector to daly with BA. I was wondering what some of your experiences have been using BA. Anyone ever get a really good deal?

Props to Dan-O the Ritalin Kid for my last BA purchase. A really tight and shiny 11' dark horn dagger. Thanks Danny.

Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I also had a problem with BA. Once made a bid on a RD Jackal and received a bad copy, real crap. I guess from now on i'm going to stick to reputable dealers and collectors.
Just saw a great deal on a set of RD, Jackal & Companion for $100. I'm thinking of taking a gamble. :evil:
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Ah just get it from tiny.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Majorsteve,

I have learned that what-u-see-is-what-u-always-don't-get. If ya don't ask the questions, then ya may be getting the short end of the stick. My #1 question is: Is that the actual knife? I would have to say our superstoner next door neighbor is right! Huh Mr. Joint-Man!

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

I've only bought off BA four times now, but have received exactly what I'd bid on. I have avoided those who only have a few past sales though. So I guess I've been lucky so far, and have gotten some good deals.
Dan-o The Ritalin Kid

Post by Dan-o The Ritalin Kid »

Major Steve,
Thank you for the kind words. Glad you liked the knife. Amazing what can be done to these things.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I've only had one less than satisfactory experience on BA. It was with rayjay but it appears from the rating comments (with one notable exception) that everyone else loves the guy. I bid on a blonde horn "Handyman Special" with a loose blade. The cracks in the scales weren't mentioned. I sent him a message but it wasn't worth the trouble returning the knife. Also BA discourages negative comments - by removing them.
tanto

Post by tanto »

I sell and buy on BA quite often and so far I had only a few customers that did not pay. Otherwise my experience was good. I too posted some negative feedback (for those who bid high but never paid) and it was never removed. I once had a customer threatening me that he would post negative feedback for me from several of his BA accounts if I do not send him an extra knife for free :roll: (since his knife was delayed a bit)... but that is about one in a hundred I guess.

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Auction

Post by Vagrant »

I use it some. Usually for something for my collection, or something I only want one of.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

I've gotten some knives off of BA and all were about as expected. For unusual items or when not wanting to risk customs loss BA serves well for that. It's also interesting to page through just to look.