Bolster release

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
the spotlight kid

Bolster release

Post by the spotlight kid »

Hi guy's,me again.For anyone that has been waiting,the bolster release stiletto's are now available from Knife Shop.Cheers the spotlight kid :o
the spotlight kid

bolster release

Hi All,I have just received a 9" bolster release and after considerable clicking,cannot get the blade to lock up more than one time in twenty!This seems to be a design fault,as you have to open the lock as you fire the blade,the chances of the blade connecting to the lock are very slim!The knife it self has some beautiful dark horn but is actually a kit knife,the ones where you usually add your own spring and rivet.It has a nice feel to it,but if it don't lock up every time,it's useless.I have tried several different techniques but have achieved nothing but a blister on my finger.After waiting so long for these knives I am a little dissapointed with the result.Maybe I am doing somthing wrong,but how hard should it be to open an automatic knife?Cheers the spotlight kid. :cry:
the spotlight kid

bolster release

I know this is a one sided conversation,but I seem to be growing on me.Anyhow,after 500 plus attempted openings of my bolster release,the blade has finally loosened up enough to lock open.Plus I have discovered the special technique needed.Basically develop several blisters over the course of the day,then lightly stroke the bolster in a sort of sharp downward motion.EASY!The thing is,I have handled this knife so much today that I have grown quite fond of it!Perhaps the larger models will be more easier to open.I hope so,as this is quite a good design for the left handed brigade.That was how I discovered the technique whist giving my right hand blisters a rest.Persistance pays off once again!Cheers the spotlight kid. :wink: