Scarab clones are back!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
johnny blade

Scarab clones are back!

Post by johnny blade »

I remember hearing these are pretty good for the money, I am assuming the dreaded broken switch problem is fixed on this new batch. Anyone torture tested one of the new ones yet?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: Scarab clones are back!

Post by JerrBear »

johnny blade wrote:I remember hearing these are pretty good for the money, I am assuming the dreaded broken switch problem is fixed on this new batch. Anyone torture tested one of the new ones yet?
Mr. johnny blade,

Haven't heard of any of the newer ones breaking... Who has 'em?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I got one from Stu a few weeks ago, how do you tell if it's a new model?

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

tr4252 wrote:I got one from Stu a few weeks ago, how do you tell if it's a new model?

Tom
Use it 3 or 4 times if it still works, it's a newer one :wink:
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I think I got a good one then.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
RAZOR SHARP

!!

Post by RAZOR SHARP »

ROTFLMAO!!
I WATCHED A SNAIL CRAWLING ON A RAZORS EDGE. THIS IS MY DREAM. THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE
krakenten

Yes, they're good!

Post by krakenten »

I got one of those from Stu, and indeed it is a superior sort of knife, probably the best otf I ever handled.
Sadly, they got sold out.
The HALO clone. a retracter, is also very good, and also unavailable.
Perhaps some will reappear.
Life has no value, Death has a price
SicilianChameleon

Post by SicilianChameleon »

I just found these knives offered on a site for $99.99, w/the UTX clones at $79.99. Someone is holding out for the kill due to the interest in these little knives and their apparently waning supply.

Granted, the same site has the NATOs listed at $34.99.
krakenten

Brigandage?

Post by krakenten »

That's way too much!
Life has no value, Death has a price
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

SicilianChameleon wrote:I just found these knives offered on a site for $99.99, w/the UTX clones at $79.99. Someone is holding out for the kill due to the interest in these little knives and their apparently waning supply.

Granted, the same site has the NATOs listed at $34.99.
I just won one at T.K.A. for $40.oo (UTX)
from what I've heard they're nice little clones.
will know soon enough.
johnny blade

Post by johnny blade »

Just picked one up for 50 bucks. Maybe that's a good price, dunno, but I personally feel it's worth every penny! Yeah I know it's not the real deal Microtech but spending almost 10 times as much for the real thing ain't gonna happen, (so the wife says anyway!)
SicilianChameleon

Yeah, I bought my scarab clones and my UTX clone for $38 ea. from someone not on the good guys list, but has always been good to me, although you gotta be real selective over what you buy from them, they're competitive on some things, sky-high w/others.

I know that's higher than the suggested $25-30, but when I started seeing $65-100 price tags at the other sites, $38 almost sounded like a bargain. Supply and demand, I guess.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

SicilianChameleon wrote:Yeah, I bought my scarab clones and my UTX clone for $38 ea. from someone not on the good guys list
Mr. SicilianChameleon,

Who hosed ya?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
SicilianChameleon

Hey Jerr, why single me out? :shock: j.a.c. said he paid forty for a UTX, johnnyblade gave fifty for a scarab. It's the whole red-headed stepchild thing isn't it? :( You will be getting a bill from my therapist, although at this point I am still undecided as to whether or not my attorneys will be in touch with you. :twisted: We'll see how the discussion progresses from here. :D :D

$38 is no more hosed than 40 or 50...granted, not your recommended $25-30, but I found zero of them for sale at that price. It was better than 99.99 and 79.99....and it was in the here and now. Who knows when Stu or someone else will re-up on 'em? I spent more than that on a 777s and other Italian OTFs to find out they weren't handy for much more than tape and envelopes. And By-Crackies...if you had some for sale or knew where they were at that price, I wish you woulda spoke up, for many of us on the forum!

Maybe the one site was a dummy site made to make me think $38 was fair enough if I wanted one anytime soon. I did order some stuff from them that they said would make my "unit" grow. :oops:

EDIT: Oops, I forgot to answer your questioness in all of my hoo-haa Mr Jerr :oops:
I got them from Cool Hand Cutlery
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

When they first showed up they were dirt cheap.
But as the supply dwindled the price went up.
I was never an otf person , but grew tired of closing levers and stills while typing.
I paid more than it's probably worth , but it comes down to .....how bad you want it.
Mine was 40 plus shipping ,but the onlt other one I could find was from a guy on ebay , 125.oo a pop .
For that kind of cash he can keep it. :lol:

Some times I pay more for a knife if I want it , other times I won't touch one for 1/2 price.
If your happy with yours and paid what you think it was worth , then you got a good deal.

It's the holiday season , let your therapist spend time with his family. :lol: