Old Fashion Auto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Blade Runner

Old Fashion Auto

Post by Blade Runner »

Someone had asked about the Old Fashion auto on the AB or SKM sites, and I'd also wondered if these were ever going to be available again. I remember a post on the old forum archives saying something about them having quality control problems. I hope those problems can be adressed soon. I'd like to add a few of those to my collection.

dexter, are you aware of any news about these knives going back into production?
Last edited by Blade Runner on Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
switch67

Old Style Autos

Post by switch67 »

Blade Runner, I think you can still buy them from here, I'd e-mail SKM first.I've seen them on bladeauction frequently. 8)
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I agree with Switch67, unlike the imperial toothpick :wink:
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Thanks Switch67, I'll do that. I noticed in pics of your collection that you have a number of these knives. Do they in fact suffer from QC problems? Since they would be mostly for display, I'm not overly concerned about it, but do wonder.
switch67

Post by switch67 »

I would have to say these were known to have many problems in the past and is the reason they aren't advertized anymore.The mechanical defects were with the button pin, either they wouldn't stay shut,or lock open.The ones I've gotten have been all great knives with no defects,so maybe QC is better now :?: Anyway, they make great additions to the collection.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A knife with great potential. I've only had one but it had a tiny bit of a "high blade". A few seconds with a grinder and buffer made it better than new. A good supply of these with good quality control would be very nice. I like the style because it is less "offensive" looking than a Stiletto
and a much better working knife.