LCC Double Action

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
hollowdweller

LCC Double Action

Post by hollowdweller »

Hey all knowing blade gurus. After handling several of the copies at the local flea market and head shops, I finally broke down and have an actual Microtech LCC Double action on the road to the home on the hollow. Anybody got one? Opinions? Any weaknesses?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

IMHO For the money and the workmanship you will not fined a better D/A on the market. Lock up is like a bank vault, The knife itself is beefy and the 154 cm takes an edge and cuts like the energizer bunny. The materials used are first rate and for under $250 I can not think of a better user.
PB
AmboyDuke

Post by AmboyDuke »

I have one and it's the best knife I own.They are well made and almost impossible to figure out for the person who doesn't know they are DA's.Some of the clones are good,but unfortunately many are loose & spring open when dropped or in your pocket.If you can get the real thing this is one of the best ! Amboy Duke
I had been a member of this forum for over a year,but since the new format I haven't been able to log on ! ADuke
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

They are excellent but they are more "Right-Handed" than many others.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Hi,

Got it finally. You all are right. a really nice knife. Pretty huge thick and sharp blade. Bolster release was stiff at first but after several days of clicking it is smooth. I'll tell you though, with the thumb stud and liner lock it flips out almost as fast manually as auto.

Just like my UDT, really sharp blade that is easy to sharpen. Glad I bought it. Thanks all for the info. By the way Vagrant, you are right. Virtually impossible for my left handed friend to open.