Happy Guano-day!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

New meaning to the term "Get the point".
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

yeah, I've physically "gotten the point" several times now. Went windowshopping for a body armour, but read something about them not being knife-safe... Maybe I'll just pre-apply some band aid all over...?

BTW, those stilettos I bought. I said something about not being totally satisfied with the 11" because of it's blade pointing slightly downwards in the open position. I took off a micromillimeter of the blade where it meets the backspring (not the pin), and now it locks up just as even as everything. I knew before I started that it would cost me some blade play, but after peening the locking pin on the blade I got a result I can live with. Just a little play, and close to perfect alignment.

Bye
Mr_G
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Guano

I have the same complaint about most of my stilettos...but only one was so bad that action was needed....luckily it was one of two 13 inch bayos that were more or less identical. Having volunteered it for therapeutical use I applied your remedy with similar results. About 7000 clicks now and still going strong..... it's starting to move out of the frame a little (when closed) ... but I'm sure they were never meant to be able to take that sort of abuse.

I think I'll put my Godfather money towards a Sandshark :wink: