whats you ordering experience with mr pvknives???

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Benkei

whats you ordering experience with mr pvknives???

Post by Benkei »

What's you ordering experience with our mr pvknives??
Here's mine. :evil:

I emailed our mr pkv in late August enquiring about a couple of items and checking they were in stock (although he infers on his website that what is advertised on his site IS in stock :roll: ) was informed that one of the items, (a plexi-glass stand) would be in stock on the 1st of September. I emailed again on said date, and was informed yes sir, so I sent my money.
Im still waiting!! after about 15 emails over the weeks/months, I got a:
"Sorry for that sir I am always a little behind of course but the delivery be there shortly you have my word on it."
That was over a month ago!!
"Sir I am not ignoring you I am sorry for the delay on your order"
That was 3 weeks ago!!

After many emails asking for a projected/estimated dispatch, Im still no further forward, baring in mind I enquired about stock before ordering, by any measure and by far, it's the worse retail experience Ive ever encountered buying anything, bar none.

As a customer, I honour all contracts I enter into with a retailer (for that's what it is), mr pvk's integrity I would venture, well, lets see. :roll:

Fortunately, Ive dealt with other retailers in our community, and have had a largely good to excellent response, service and experience.

I was pre-warned by a fellow forumite about the wait he encountered with mr pvk (3 months I believe :shock: ). in retrospect I wish I took on board and heeded possible problems here with this retailer, sorry mate, I should have listened. :oops:

He is on the outstanding list?? ( truly, outstandingly bad :lol: )

I know he is perhaps regarded as a big player, owning B-A, and k-zilla (oh, on that site he claims to ship anywhere in 10 days :P ) that sure don't make him good, which ever way you cut it, his customer attitude brings standards way, way down, and * could* reflect to some part on other retailers, especially if he is your first buying experience, IMHO

Bill
This is no time for levity! :roll:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It seems the more successful [larger] PVK becomes, the more often we hear stories like this :( That is NOT the way to ensure continued success :idea:
tanto

Post by tanto »

It has been always that way. Very slow e-mail responses. But he always delivered everything I ordered and added some extra stuff too. I placed an order on Monday so I will let you how it turnes out.

David
---------------

My knives + watches
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Very much appreciated David, thank you. I will do the same. :wink:

I received an email from Mr pvk precisely 7 minutes after my initial thread here on Blade Talk Yesterday (the power of B-T should not be under estimated, all thanks 8) :wink: ).
Coincidence? May be, but I have had no reply to seven previous emails dating from 21/09/2005, from his last reply above ("Sir I am not ignoring you I am sorry for the delay on your order"), requesting either my order or an *estimated* delivery date, also politely requesting him to "lets work together to sort this out."
As a customer it's not really my place to have to do that, but I am willing to go that extra bit.

In the email yesterday, I was told that the stand was out of stock when I ordered (although I was told it was in stock :? ) and when the stand was in stock, the fixed blade knife I ordered apparently was not???

Although Im very grateful, and much appreciate Mr pvk getting back to me with some kinda explaination, it does not explain why an item could not be put back, until the other arrived seeing THEY WERE BOTH PAID FOR, is beyond me, but according to the email, it * implies* it may be sent next week.

I enquired how much it would cost to send the items separately, as Im desperately now waiting on the stand, but have had no reply, still say which ever way you cut it, it's bad customer service. :roll:

I'll keep this thread updated, and in full fairness, if Mr pvk comes through or make amends I will of course, also post with the full outcome.

all the best
Bill
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

You're not alone, Benkei. My experiences with him have been the same. Slow e-mails and shipments, but good news is they always seem to arrive. Never lost a package yet.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sorry if I offend the Josh lovers.....But is this guy on dope? Lots of people always seem to have tongue in cheek excuses for this guy. I was going to place an order for something that no one else seems to have. I think I will pass. :(
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor_54 wrote:You're not alone, Benkei. My experiences with him have been the same. Slow e-mails and shipments, but good news is they always seem to arrive. Never lost a package yet.
I had one experience involving a lost package. It was handled very well.
[Next day Air on a package going 60 miles IS "above and beyond" :!: ]
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Vagrant wrote: I had one experience involving a lost package. It was handled very well.
[Next day Air on a package going 60 miles IS "above and beyond" :!: ]
Fair comment, and that sounds like a good retail reaction and care for his customer, good one :)

Things do happen, parcels get lost some items may be faulty through no fault of the retailer, it is indeed how it is dealt with that's the crux of the matter.
This is the real pity/tragedy, Mr pvk has on the face of it, a terrific selection, I could almost use the word *awesome*, I know Ive spent many an hour "window shopping." His prices, certainly to me are reasonable to very good. This first order was kinda 'dipping my toe in the water' so to speak.

Unfortunately, no matter how good the prices, and even with the terrific selection, with a banner reading " Site updated Daily & all items shown are guaranteed on hand 100% Delivery"!!! with apparent and consistent delayed service, it will inevitably leave customers with a certain amount of disappointment, 100% if they believe the delivery and stock banner :roll: . Which is possibly a shame to Mr pvk as he *may* not be doing himself justice.

Woah, stop press:
I just got an email whilst typing from Mr pvk, the knife will be in about 3 days time, they are coming from the factory in Tennessee.
Halaluya :D that's all a customer wants, a little hard information and genuine hope! if your reading this Mr pvk, Im genuinely grateful, thank you. :wink:

Stay tuned.

all the best
Bill
Diggerdog

Post by Diggerdog »

The delays are frustrating but you now have a committment for delivery. I hope it all works out for you. In my experience I deal with PVK with full confidence that I will get what I've bargained for. Josh is excellent to talk to ahead of time for advice and I have always found him to be a strait shooter. I wish you the best of luck and I am confident that Josh will make this good for you whatever it takes. Good Luck.
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Diggerdog wrote:The delays are frustrating but you now have a committment for delivery. I hope it all works out for you. In my experience I deal with PVK with full confidence that I will get what I've bargained for. Josh is excellent to talk to ahead of time for advice and I have always found him to be a strait shooter. I wish you the best of luck and I am confident that Josh will make this good for you whatever it takes. Good Luck.

Yep, I hear and understand what your saying DD :wink: .
After the last email I received (yesterday) I actually feel quietly confident of receiving the items next week, which is a great feeling, and relief :D .

all the best
Bill
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

whippersnapper wrote:Sorry if I offend the Josh lovers.....But is this guy on dope?
Don't know anything for sure.

But I think the question is about the fact that Josh has too much on his plate :?

I've ordered (far too) many times from PVK - and never any problems.

Answering e-mails?
Oh well, reply time has been from a couple of hours to about a week or so. But allways, allways he has answered. :)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Simeon wrote:
whippersnapper wrote:Sorry if I offend the Josh lovers.....But is this guy on dope?
Don't know anything for sure.

But I think the question is about the fact that Josh has too much on his plate :?

I've ordered (far too) many times from PVK - and never any problems.

Answering e-mails?
Oh well, reply time has been from a couple of hours to about a week or so. But allways, allways he has answered. :)
I suppose that was a bad choice of words......I was feeling a little cranky over some other piss poor transactions(Not PVK related). And I let my frustrations get the best of me. I apologize to Josh. :oops:
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

:D As promised, I would update and post when my order arrived, and it arrived today. 8)
Its taken 2 months! :roll: , but non the less im very pleased with the items. ( Knife Display Stand & a S&W HRT Military Boot knife BTW).
All packaged very well and in pristine condition.
Thank you Mr PVK for coming through and eventually delivering the goods. :wink:

All the best
Bill
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

GREAT NEWS BILL!!!!!!!!!!

I guess there are still people out there with the character to publicly assasinate somebodies integrity over a such a monumental and singular foible then once he gets his way be man enough to throw a shrivled rose on the coffin just to show there are no hard feelings. :roll:

YOU DA MAN!!!! :oops:

It's not like it's the first time. :cry: :wink: But at least this time it might be true. :evil: :oops: :shock: :roll:
Last edited by horizonod on Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Glad to hear everything worked out, Bill, but 2 months is still an awfull long time even for Josh.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6