whats you ordering experience with mr pvknives???

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Milu

Post by Milu »

That's quite a poetic image you painted there Nick. Hijacking the subject matter as usual and boring, but quite poetic.
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Seems on topic to me Mario and not nearly as boring as Bills voluminous diatribes on such an earthshaking matter. :wink:
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
Milu

Post by Milu »

How's your Case cheetah holding out?
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

horizonod wrote: GREAT NEWS BILL!!!!!!!!!!
Thank's Nick :D
horizonod wrote: I guess there are still people out there with the character to publicly assasinate somebodies integrity over a such a monumental and singular foible then once he gets his way be man enough to throw a shrivled rose on the coffin just to show there are no hard feelings. :roll:

YOU DA MAN!!!! :oops:
Yes, my order is now resolved Nick, thank you, but there were issues that seriously fell well short of being acceptable. Those issues were not so much about the *actual* delay itself but the lack of clarity of why the delay, being mislead and lack of communication by the retailer.
I asked and offered on several occasions in the weeks before I posted on B-T to "please lets work this out" with no reply. (7 emails if I recall, 15 in all).
As I said in my post Nick, Im pleased and relieved to get my order, and am very pleased with the items themselves. In the last week or so Mr PVK has been very helpful and kept me informed, which goes a long way with customers generally. It would be churlish of me to start it all up again, at your behest or incitement.
Anyway, I thought Josh was a friend of yours? :shock:
Why go that route? :?
horizonod wrote:
It's not like it's the first time. :cry: :wink: But at least this time it might be true. :evil: :oops: :shock: :roll:
I guess the innuendo's above is to do with our little head to head, Nick :roll: , I need not, and certainly wish not to assassinate anyone, including yourself.
Geewiz not even your closest friends could stop you in your head long frenzy to commit seppuku (suicide) by your own fair hand my friend. 8) :wink:
As a fellow Countryman wrote
"For 'tis the sport to have the enginer Hoist with his owne petar".......... Shakespeare, Hamlet III iv.

I'll probably order again from Mr PVK, in the vein of giving someone a fair chance, now there's a lesson to be learnt Nick :wink: :lol:
Besides, he's got one mofo selection of cutlery :twisted:

all the best (honestly, even to you Nick :lol: :wink: )
Bill
This is no time for levity! :roll:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Never had a problem with PVK, slightly longer delivery times but he (Josh) said that would be the case.
So reliable have I found his service that I always go there for my best stuff, dam the cost, I always get what I ordered.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
tanto

Post by tanto »

Just got my shipment (+ one free knife - LCC clone). The knives I got are junk (all clones) but that is what my friend wanted.

David
---------------

My knives + watches
wbaz

Re: whats you ordering experience with mr pvknives???

Post by wbaz »

May 11th 2018 - I almost didn't place my order based on these old message posts.

I had a great experience with PVK Knives in Las Vegas, NV.

They actually HAD the knife i was looking for and + 3 more in stock.

I ordered it on Tuesday and received it Friday. (I did do the 3 day USPS shipping)

It was about $20 more than I would have liked to pay, but being how hard these Microtech knives are to find - I guess them making a little more profit was ok.

Order with confidence! Hopefull this post is the most recent.

WB Arizona
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Nice to see that even 13 year old threads are useful. Of course lots can happen in that time, like many of those involved in this discussion are no longer active members.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I've ordered quite a few knives from Josh over the years and never had a bad experience. Keep his reward points in mind when comparing prices. If you're a repeat customer, they can really add up. I had a $150 discount on my last purchase thanks to accumulated points that I'd forgotten I had.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I bought a knife(Italian) once through them and the scales and liners were bowed out badly like they were pried out with something. I sent the knife back and got full refund, even shipping. First impressions you know.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

So bad knife but they made it right.
omega

Post by omega »

The OP's description and difficulties reflect my own, insofar as my LAST dealing with PVK. His business practices remain spotty, although I've never thought Josh to be a thief. I'm guessing that he's still a one-man show and that he becomes overwhelmed with the business part of running a business.

The delays and zero email response to multiple inquiries did do anything that would prompt a response from Josh.

Somewhere around the 7 week mark, I had VISA do a chargeback against PVK over the transaction for non-shipment. Sometimes, you gotta get nasty I guess.

Never heard word one from Josh, no apology, no nothing. Not an experience I'm willing to repeat.

I'm happy for those with positive PVK experiences, but it seems that things don't change much there, despite the bitching and trashings he gets here and in other forums.