NEW 9" FRANK B. RED DOT PICKLOCKS

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good evening forum friends,
Saturday I received two absolutely beautiful 9" FB picklocks from Bernie (Metalgod). One was a bayonet blade and the other is a Kris blade. Both have blond horn scales similar to French Point. They are tight, straight, finely polished, quick springs, nicely domed rivets, and brisk in action. They are definitely at the high end of the scale in beauty and quality of the FB stilettos. The locks are easily picked with a thumbnail or the forefinger. They are very rigid knives with good heft. The edge grind is symmetrical on both sides of both knives. The firing buttons are safe and positive with a good release. The safetys are smooth and secure. Tang stamps are sharp, clear and consistant. With the limited anticipated number of these being produced with certificates hand signed by Frank, it is my belief that in the future these will become quite valuable. Judgeing from the two examples I have, I truly believe that these are the finest 9" picklocks that have been produced in Maniago in decades.
My very great and sincere thanks to the Beltrame family and Bernie for these two incredible knives. :D

All the best,
Sam Hotton
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Dadgum it Sam, I've been trying hard to avoid buying one of those. Such glowing reports do nothing for my already swiss-cheese resolve. What, no pictures?
all da best,
rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Top of the morning Rats,
Have a good Nikon digital somewhere. Hid it when I went into hospital for big time surgery. Had great drugs, forgot where I hid it. NO lie! I keep hoping I'll find it. I'm puzzled. Can't afford another as more great knives use up the camera replacement money.
The two knives I just received are about as good as a FB product can be, wish I could let you hold them!
All the best Rats,
Sam :D
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Sam Hotton wrote:Top of the morning Rats,
Have a good Nikon digital somewhere. Hid it when I went into hospital for big time surgery. Had great drugs, forgot where I hid it. NO lie! I keep hoping I'll find it. I'm puzzled. Can't afford another as more great knives use up the camera replacement money.
The two knives I just received are about as good as a FB product can be, wish I could let you hold them!
All the best Rats,
Sam :D
Do you mean these beauties?

Naw, you wouldn't me to hold them; they would end up harder to find than your camera! :twisted:
all da best dude,
rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good afternoon Rats,
Thanks for getting the images on line for all to see. I had to borrow another camera to snap these pics. I still can't find mine.
Alls well that ends well,
Sam H. :D
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Congratulations Sam, you have a pair of very fine quality knives, the horn used on the scales looks to be of the best. 8)

kind regards
Bill
This is no time for levity! :roll:
Psychoactive

Re: NEW 9" FRANK B. RED DOT PICKLOCKS

Post by Psychoactive »

Any additional info for those of us 12 years late to the party?
JulesVane

Re: NEW 9" FRANK B. RED DOT PICKLOCKS

Post by JulesVane »

Psychoactive wrote:Any additional info for those of us 12 years late to the party?
LOL...yeah, the post IS 12 years of age, but Bernie still has these 2013 models...http://www.bladeauction.net/listing/le- ... lock-2/453

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)