TRAGIC NEWS!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

TRAGIC NEWS!

Post by JerrBear »

I am sorry to have to announce that our friend, Ron Freeman (Teddy) took has life last night with an overdose of sleeping pills.

His best friend, Sheila, tells me that Ron had been battling with depression for a long time.

Like Bob (PushButton), Ron was a unique and special guy. Neither of their shoes can ever be filled. He will be missed by us all. I'm sorry, but I don't know what to say...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
magnum

Post by magnum »

I have no words other than he was a Good Friend to me and i will miss him ALOT!!He was the First person to greet me here and helped me with identifying an old picklock i had.This Very Sad news indeed :cry: :cry:

magnum
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

I don't think anyone can find the right words for this Jerr,he never gave any indication that he was that depressed,to say this is a shock would be an understatement :(
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

Ron, over the time that I've been on this forum, has come to mean a great deal to me. I will miss him...
Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I'm at a loss for words. This is the saddest news I've heard in a very long time. I can hardly believe it, have that reaction "there must be some mistake". Damn.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

This is very sad indeed. I've known a small number of people who have taken their lives without warning due to depression. In speaking with them, they said they were doing fine. Their actions and appearance did not contradict these assertions.

Bottom line is that if you are depressed, seek out professional help. It is tragic that this was not an option for Ron.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Very sorry!
He was a gentleman of the highest sort.
Bill
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

This is not right, Teddy can't be gone! I refuse to accept this. I / we lose PB on the 6th of July last year and now Teddy. I cannot believe this. I am truly sad. :cry: :cry: :cry: My sympathies for those loved ones left behind, he was special.

Totally bummed out!!!
Sam Hotton
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Like the rest of you, I was shocked to hear this sad news. I would have never thought something like this would happen. I never heard Ron say anything to give a clue about what was going on in his mind. Like Jerry has said, Ron and Bob can never be replaced. Two very individual men and they will both be missed for a long time.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

WOW! So sorry to hear this. Deepest sympathies to his family and all who loved him. He will be missed.
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Is there any way to be absolutely sure? I just can't believe this. How can we make sure this is true?? This sucks!!

I hope you've found peace in a happier place old man. Your presence will be greatly missed. :cry:

Last edited by horizonod on Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
Plastered Bastard

Post by Plastered Bastard »

This is heartbreaking. He really stepped up as THE forum guy when Pushbutton left us. He was was a great guy and friend to us all.

I've got a lump in my throat that will take a long, long time to go away.

There'll never be another one like him. Damn...
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces ~ American Proverb

Plastered B.
ubernut

Post by ubernut »

Our English Teddy!

He will be missed. Like everyone else, I'm too shocked, and sad, to know what to say. Wish we could have done something.
butch

Post by butch »

I just heard about Teddy at whippersnappers forum.
This is truly sad new's Teddy was and always will be a well respected friend to all of us in the knife community.Ron was always there to help me on other forums as well as here whenever I needed help,we didnt always agree but we did respect each others thoughts and opinions,R.I.P. Teddy,you will be missed :(
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

oh dear, oh dear.
Perhaps it is far too soon for words other than those that have been expressed.
I have only been privileged to know Ron (Teddy) for a short time, but in that time have come to know him for his knowledge and ironically, his great sense of humour.

He has touched many lives, non more so in recent times than the switchblade community.

in respect and memory of a good, but missing friend.

Bill
This is no time for levity! :roll: