what about blade serrations ?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
majorsteve

what about blade serrations ?

Post by majorsteve »

Hi everyone, I'm new here to this forum and I'd like to get an expert opinion on something: I've got a set of eight (8) vintage Itallion picklock style stilletos, all of them 11" overall lenght and with damascus steel dagger blades. The scales are a variety of blond and dark horn, two are stag, two are giraffe bone....in short, it's a very nice set. What I want to do is to turn them all into a beautiful set of stilleto steak knives....you guessed it..I want the blades ground to serrations so that they can be used for dinner parties. You see, I feel that it would be vey impressive, to say the least, to have a dinner party serving filet mignon and everyone gets a SWITCHBLADE to cut up their steak with. Just imagine a group of distinguished guests all sitting down to a crystal and china encrusted table setting, taking a sip of fine merlot and then "claK", everyone brandishes vicious Italian spring steel to hack off portions the bloody meat!

My question: do you know anyone who could grind the serrations into the blades???? Are their prices reasonable? :?
hollowdweller

blade serrations

Post by hollowdweller »

"Vintage Picklocks" you want to turn into steak knives? I'd suggest putting them on Blade Auction and taking the proceeds and buying 8 chainsaws to use. Would even be cooler. :lol:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I belive KS can do it, I know they have done it on knives purchased from them.
majorsteve

Post by majorsteve »

Vagrant wrote:I belive KS can do it, I know they have done it on knives purchased from them.

Vagrant, you didn't take me seriously did you? :lol:
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

hey Steve can I come over to your house? lol :wink:
airblade

Post by airblade »

:?:
Last edited by airblade on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
airblade

Post by airblade »

:?:
Last edited by airblade on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

The funny thing is I was in La-La Land last summer and stopped in an antique shop looking for old knives and got to talking with the owner. He said he had just seen a set of serrated switch steak knives recently. Naturally I questioned him profusely about them and pressed him for all details he could remember and as near as I can figure from his description they sounded like Milano's that went through a serration process and were being sold as a set with each knife a different acrylic scale color. It made sense afterwood's thinking about it since if they were Milanos then the price involved would have been miniscule compared to what the price they were fetching on the West Coast. Of course I never saw them so who knows what they really were or the real story behind them. All in all I can see some enterprising person offering something like this. On another note I was in a brick and morter knife shop during my travels and saw a boxed set of honey horn Laguiole steak knives for sale. I didn't get a chance to handle them but from all appearances they seemed to be folders but most likely were fixed blades. There are ton's of interesting variations of knives out there they just have to found.
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

MajorSteve
No I knew you were joking, but in case someone wanted something less
valuable serrated KnifeShop can do it [at least on knives puchasded from them and probably others].
vinithehat

Laguiole steak knives

Post by vinithehat »

i see Laguiole steak knives in some of the better cutlery catalogs i get. they look like folder but they arent. theyre supposedly fashoined after the standard issue pocket knives of the napoleanic army.

as for switchblade steak knives.. i think that the process of repeated washing would eventually cause the springs to rust out, no? but again, this is a truly academic excercise.

vini
freakinme

Re: what about blade serrations ?

Post by freakinme »

By the way, what do you mean by blade serration?
Last edited by freakinme on Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

seriously? :lol: This thread is 8 years old
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Dredged up an 8 year old thread :?: :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serrated_blade
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

TROLL!