DKW sandshark otf

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
patnude

DKW sandshark otf

Post by patnude »

Any body seen the video of this knife being stabbed through a 55 gallon drum many times with out breaking?WOW!!!!The only OTFs Ive had my hands on were cheap junk.Think Ill have to save my pennies to buy one.Now to find them.PVK doesnt have them and I checked Bladeauction,non there.
iloveautos

Sand Shark

Post by 666 »

Hi...If you want a Sand Shark you have 19 hours till the end of the auction. The price so far is $430. Go to eBay and type in auction #735254640. It's under "collectibles - knives & swords".

race
Location: In Scottsdale, AZ where I'm very busy Hating Liberals and Loving Freedom /Autos are not illegal here

Post by race »

Patnude,

The following web address will take you directly to a page in "The Knife Guy's" website where there is a SandShark for $495.95; http://checkout.verisign.com/cgi-bin/eP ... 5&2D395145

I saw the video, too. Very Impressive, but for $495, I'd problably invest in another firearm, or possibly increase my stiletto collection by a very large sum. But, then again, that video is pretty impressive. I think it's probably worth the money. However, In the 2nd video, I remeber them stating that the steel was Tool Steel, and on "The Knife Guy's" site that show the blade as ATS-34 steel. It seems to me that only Tool Steel would be able to plunge right through the 55 gallon drum with out any damage. But then again, I've never tried to plunge any knife through a 55 gallon drum before, so who knows...

(Tool Steel will rust right before your eyes in a humid atmosphere, but the Sand Shark in the video had a coating to protect it... I'd imagine you'd have to be very careful if the coating ever came off, oh from say, plunging the blade through a 55 gallon drum maybe...)
Last edited by race on Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Race; Hater of Liberals, Lover of firearms, Collector of Switchblades, Enjoyer of Freedom.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Bet you don't have to worry about that in Arizona though do you...
race
Location: In Scottsdale, AZ where I'm very busy Hating Liberals and Loving Freedom /Autos are not illegal here

Post by race »

not much humidity down here, but I spend alot of my time up in the white mountains up the Coronado Trail in South East, AZ. Not much humidity there either, but there is snow, rivers, and lakes.... All very bad for a Tool Steel Knife..... But I'd still like to plunge one through a 55 Gallon drum, and maybe a few politicians.... Kidding,,,maybe...
Race; Hater of Liberals, Lover of firearms, Collector of Switchblades, Enjoyer of Freedom.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

There are NO knife laws in Arizona, Infact I could of moved there once, but some finical issues came up i.e. THEY GAVE THE JOB TO SOMEONE ELSE!
Waya

Post by Waya »

I knew about the NO laws thing,,,too cool,,but is there a place open enough,,as in No neighbors where I can raise 20+ wolves?? How about in that mountian with the lakes? Will ya look around for me please? I am serious, about a move from here.
TTYs,,Waya
PS Race, did you see how the swingers came out of the weeds,lol,,go figure
Walk In Peace Always,,if you can
race

Post by race »

Waya,

There's alot of wide open spaces down here. I know there are quite a few wolf hybrid refuges up in the white mountains. I'll check further into enough space for 20+ wolves. (that'd be a big move)
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Race,

You made mention of tool steel rusting before your eyes in the land of snow, rivers, and lakes. You ought to see how fast it happens in humid salt air :cry: Fortunately, I now live far enough inland that things like cars and gas grills have a life expectancy of more than two years. :)

Jim
race

Post by race »

Yeah, I used to live in San Antonio, Tx where it can get very humid. You could watch a blued steed S&W revolver turn pink overnight, if it got bad enough (still not as bad as the humid salt air of a city by the sea). I currently take residence is in Scottsdale, a city around the Phoenix area. Here is desert landscape and dry air. All the better for the items of my pastime. I still go up into the white mountains, though, where the snow, lakes and rivers are enemies of steel but nothing like humid salt air can be.
Waya

Post by Waya »

Hey Race,

Thank you. Even reality company email addy's would be a big help to me. I want to go, but just not sure where. I am selling this place up here, and my winter home in Mississippi, I didn't even go south this year. Az sounds like maybe the anwser for us. TY,,,TTYs,,Waya :)
Walk In Peace Always,,if you can
race

Post by race »

no problem.... I'll locate some realty companies that specialize in secluded open spaces and get their email's, street address's, and phone number's for you..
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

My birthday was August 18th. On that day, I treated myself to: a SWAT Centurion, a Dalton Border Patrol, a TiNives Lady Leopard, and a DKW Sand Shark. I allowed this splurge because this was meant to be the end...the end of this obsession with switchblades. Frankly, I don't care if a Sand Shark can be driven through boiler plate unscathed. Mine will never endure abuse...unless the entire world crumbles, then it will be my EDC. And was this expensive splurge the end of my switch collecting? No...but when/if world collapses, at least I'll have something to barter.
patnude

Post by patnude »

Good one blade!That must be one sweet blade.I wouldnt drive it through a 55 gallon drum either,but it would be nice to know that I COULD.If it will stand up to that,it will stand up to just about anything.In the safe is where it belongs,as it will be worth big bucks when it is no longer available.Maybe Ill have to stash away enough cash to buy one.How do you like yours?Is it as cool as they look?
iloveautos
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

patnude,

I didn't buy the Desert Knife Works Sand Shark OTF because it looked "cool". I bought it because I am, quite simply, an addict. And if you are smart, you will run...run like wind!! Yes, at $500, the Sand Shark is the most expensive knife I've bought yet....but what lays beyound that? Can I afford $1,500 for a custom Burn? Time will tell...