Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by sammy the blade »

barshoo wrote:
jim d, wrote:How about we revive it with new posts? I'll do my part and revive the once periodic Mayberry crime updates if anyone is interested.

Jim
I would be more than happy to fill the part of "Aunt Bea" !!

I'd be perfect for the roll of Otis, I'd be a movie star!
2024 candidate for president
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I don't know all the roles that well. Not that I'm much younger, but I'm that brain dead! But I'm certain that Jim D, as resident and de facto mayor of Mayberry, can keep us straight! :D :D :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Mayberry crime update: with the onset of warmer weather and a warmer than usual month of February those wild women of Mayberry got an early start this year.

On Feb. 10 the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office charged a 17 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of larceny
On Feb. 12 the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office charged a 17 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of affray
On Feb. 13 the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office charged a 58 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of no driver's license.
On Feb. 14 the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office charged a 21 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of assault
On Feb. 14 the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office charged a 43 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of improper registration
On Feb. 10 the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office charged a 30 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of impaired driving and no headlights
On Feb. 23 the Kernersville Police Department charged a 36 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of failure to appear
On Feb. 26 the Kernersville Police Department charged a 48 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of worthless check
On Feb. 23 the Kernersville Police Department charged a 29 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of larceny
On Feb. 23 the Kernersville Police Department charged a 45 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of resisting a police officer
On Feb. 25 the Kernersville Police Department charged a 20 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana paraphernalia
On Feb. 26 the Kernersville Police Department charged a 20 year old woman with one misdemeanor count each of consuming alcohol under the age of 21 and open container.

Barney has been working overtime

Jim
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

On Feb. 12 the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office charged a 17 year old woman with one misdemeanor count of affray
I had never heard the term "affray"

A street fight. ... In many legal jurisdictions related to English common law, affray is a public order offence consisting of the fighting of one or more persons in a public place to the terror (in French: à l'effroi) of ordinary people.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

What's with the men? Are they 1. Still in hibernation, 2. Got serious religion or 3. Are all in jail???
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Stay at home Dads...lol
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Somebody has to stay home to call the bail bondsman.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

tequiza wrote:Somebody has to stay home to call the bail bondsman.
BINGO!!
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Here in MD affray is a partial defense to common assault-but both parties are liable to a charge of Disorderly Conduct..

With the distressing prevalence of ''shamers'' and other screwballs who verbally or worse set upon anyone they disapprove of for no good reason this is a very common charge today, along with harassment.

Civility is dying in America-these goofs are the live action version of internet trolls, jerks who think they can harangue anyone they see walking alone-especially if they can quickly get away.

Woe betide our nation! We are in the age of the Buffoon and the idiot!
Life has no value, Death has a price
sammy the blade

Mayberry might be the next Compton if things like this continue. Marijuana paraphernalia, guess it's everywhere, puff puff pass!
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Marijuana prohibition was passed in 1933, a reaction by the distillers and brewers afraid of losing customers-before that, it was legal.

If a sudden outbreak of sanity was to grip the nation (fat chance!), we'd see a lot of the foolish and patronizing laws repealed. People who are dumb enough to use drugs would be left to destroy themselves, and if they should steal, or commit other crimes, there are plenty of laws to punish them.

The laws that prohibit various knives were passed in a fit of hysteria over 'juvenile delinquents'-take note of how the problem just got worse. Many people forget that trying to prevent crime is futile, and that it leads to police abuse.

Our legal system is a mess, these laws divert police attention from real crime, and worse, allow manufactured crime. Tell the cops to ''get results'', and they'll take the easy way, every time. I was a cop for thirty years, and finally, retired in sheer disgust.

There is a small percentage of the population who will break the laws, most people won't do it. Catching real criminals is a difficult and uncertain proposition, hard to reduce to statistics. Going after people who are just trying to have a good time is a lot easier.

If the profit was removed from the drug biz, violence would subside, and the number of weapons decrease. Why? Because there wouldn't be whole piles of money to buy them with.

Maybe we could try minding out own business and only holler when we were hurt?

Radical idea, but worth a try?
sammy the blade

How true, but I don't see that happening.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tequiza wrote:Somebody has to stay home to call the bail bondsman.
All ya gotta do is pick up the phone and Sarah puts the call through to Barney. 8)
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

WHO YA GONNA CALL?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

David,

There were also incidents involving men but I chose to select those attributable to those legendary wild Mayberry women for my post. In the interest of the whole truth, for the time period that I posted the local paper (published Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays) cited more women than men and no men were charged with felonies or anything more serious than the women.

Jim