Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by tequiza »

The wire is one of the best shows ever, i'm still pissed they killed off Omar :evil:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

Many of the characters in that show were very slightly modified versions of real people-I knew several of them.

The real Omar was a VERY bad man, in the words of Wes Hardin, he needed killing. In real life, he was no fun at all.
Life has no value, Death has a price
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

I read up on all the characters of the show, Snoop's part was great cause she was a real gangster, the real Omar may have been a bad dude, but he sure was fun to watch on the show! :D
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

I wonder what ever became of her?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jim thanks for the info! I knew most of it as I liked Mount Airy on FB and see all the post. Looks like a nice quite place.....Even though Mayberry is a fictional spot, I guess Mount Airy is the closest to the real thing in today's world.....
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

I dunno-I like Twin Peaks, too.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

krakenten wrote:I wonder what ever became of her?
She's doing hip hop music, some writing and acting.
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

I wish her great success, but please, don't shoot me!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom,

Yes, Mayberry is a fictional place. The show was actually filmed in California as were most if not all shows of the era. Many of the places were replicates of actual places, and many of the characters were based on Andy Griffith's memories of real people he remembered growing up there. Mt Airy has grown up a lot since Andy Griffith was a kid there but is still small town America.

I don't live in Mt. Airy, but live in a much smaller town about 30 miles southeast of Mt. Airy, which is much more Mayberry like. I have heard people from large cities that moved here complain about things like "I can't even go to the grocery store without running into someone that I know"

Oh - a local crime update - front page news on the local paper regarding my earlier post about the drug influx - arrests have been made. A police officer I know was quoted in the article and I saw him today. I told him that I appreciate and support our LEO's and thanked him for the job they do. He seemed genuinely appreciative and I ended up showing my age when I quoted a line from the Nixon era. I mentioned the usual comment that police officers don't get the pay and often the respect that they deserve, and that the media often portrays a lot of negativity, but that there is a largesilent majority that totally supports them.

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Thanks for the update Jim....Both towns sound like a nice place to live. A co worker of mine who just retired from the NYPD and is a Security Director in one of the mall I run, just bought a house in NC. After working in Brooklyn for over 20 years dealing with the worst criminals there, he is very gratefully to have bought a house in NC...... Me and the new NC resident at our opening of Barclay's Arena a few years back...I am 5'9" he is big........
tom and woody.jpg
tom and woody.jpg (98.71 KiB) Viewed 5349 times
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Tom,

Someone sent this to me, and I was shocked! Tell us if it is true or not....please.

"The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk."
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

That was true of the show! There were a few other married couples that played parts but not the regulars.....
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Any news on the Mayberry crime wave.
2024 candidate for president
sammy the blade

Guess Barney has locked up all the bad guys, hopefully he puts the key in a different place than usual!
sammy the blade

Any new crime waves in Mayberry?