Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
georgyboy

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by georgyboy »

JerrBear wrote:Can "Imitation Horn" warp?
The reason I am asking is that I have a 13" Imitation Horn/Bayo (Cheap Stiletto) That worked perfectly when I received it. After a few months in a display stand (in the open position) I took it out, closed it up and hit the button - Nothing! At first I thought the button was defective. It worked freely, like it does when the blade is out. I took a nail file and forced the tip of the blade out and it snapped into place. I saw some marks on the blade below the button. I determined that the blade didn't release because it was being compressed between the brass liners.
I took a screwdriver between the liners and forced them apart - It worked for a short time, but then the blade hung up again. I didn't repeat this because I was afraid I might pop the scales off the rivets!

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
This will do it fer sure
{1 build time machine
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Hey Sammy, the big Mayberry crime issue today is opioid abuse. The town chief of police had a front page article in the local paper about it. Unfortunately, heroin is often cheaper than the pills and the potency of street heroin is not controlled. As a result there have been a few overdoses but no deaths in my town yet. I spoke to a local LEO who I know and predictably there have been more petty crimes like vehicle break ins for people to get drug money.

Jim
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Moonshine is a thing of the past now, they can get more money for a gallon jug full of Oxcy then they could for a whole tanker load of shine, the drug war is and has been a losing battle.
It's not just Mayberry Jim, it's everywhere.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

jim d, wrote:Hey Sammy, the big Mayberry crime issue today is opioid abuse. The town chief of police had a front page article in the local paper about it. Unfortunately, heroin is often cheaper than the pills and the potency of street heroin is not controlled. As a result there have been a few overdoses but no deaths in my town yet. I spoke to a local LEO who I know and predictably there have been more petty crimes like vehicle break ins for people to get drug money.

Jim
Well, I guess no murders is a plus!
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Good point Pete.

Yeah Sammy, no murders is a good thing. I am concerned about the rise of break-ins though.

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The drug issue is now growing every where. Hard to believe we are having a drug issue again now after the years gone by of people seeing what drug use does to you. I know some here will disagree with me, but I have little tolerance for drug abusers and none for dealers. It is not a victim less crime as it brings break ins of cars and houses, violence in all forms, demands on the heath care and emergency services. If your abusing illegal drugs, at some point you decided to cross a line by committing a crime to buy and possess the drug of choice. Your actions may have lead to an uncontrollable habit now, but it still was your choice to start down that path. Now those of us that avoided that bad choice have to worry about how to protect our selves, loved ones and possessions. I my law enforcement days, I had to fight with way too many drug crazed people. I hope we can stop the use of drugs again, and make our youth aware of the dangers they present to all of use- users and not......
sammy the blade

Good luck!
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Tom19176 wrote:The drug issue is now growing every where. Hard to believe we are having a drug issue again now after the years gone by of people seeing what drug use does to you. In my law enforcement days, I had to fight with way too many drug crazed people. I hope we can stop the use of drugs again, and make our youth aware of the dangers they present to all of use- users and not......
I'm stating for the record that drug use has never stopped. There will always be users. My son drank for a couple years before he shaped up and hasn't drank a drop since. He had a good drug education from his parents (me and his dad) and thankfully never used, never smoked. Now he has a son of has own. He has been married 4 years and just had a baby two moths ago. Hopefully he will grow up drug and alcohol free, like his father. :D
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Tom,
When I lived in So, Fl I was good friends with a few of the Broward Co, deputies, one of my neighbors was a Lt, that worked homicide, back then we used to have a lot of pig roasts and several people from the S.O. would show up.
At one party I was talking with some of the drug boys and asked them how much coke they thought they busted every year, they said IF they got 10% they were lucky, there's just too much money involved, bust one big dealer and another one pops up to take his place!
A good movie to watch about the drug wars is Sacario, the ending pretty much tells it all.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sammy the blade

Indiana has a big opioid abuse problem as well. They made it harder for the people that need them to get them. The dopers went to heroin and they are putting fentenal, which is a prescription opioid, and people are falling out every day. They have made it worse!
redeye

Post by redeye »

Opioid abuse is rampant where I live,as a father of two children that have been caught up in its evil graspI can say that I am lucky that my kids are alive today. My son has been clean for almost a year niw but my daughter is nw on somrthing called Suboxen or something line that. Its just one addiction traded for another. I hate them damn pills
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I agree it never stopped but in NYC it went form heroin to crack to crank, but it had slowed down in most of the city for several years until this newest trend started. Sorry to hear a few of you have kids that are dealing with this.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

What's so troubling to me is that if you interdict a supply of one sort, drug users will find some other substance, usually something worse. It's like they're determined to get out of their skulls, regardless of what they use to do it.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

tequiza wrote:Moonshine is a thing of the past now, they can get more money for a gallon jug full of Oxcy then they could for a whole tanker load of shine, the drug war is and has been a losing battle.
It's not just Mayberry Jim, it's everywhere.
Ton of moonshine around here. A friend brought an 8y old jar to my last party great.

Unfortunately a lot of the other stuff too. Several people have OD'd on my road.
sammy the blade

Any new news on the crime spree in Mayberry?