Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by TRYKER »

YUP, AND LETS NOT FERGET STILETTOMAN
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Hey Tom, Just this week we had, get this, a drug bust!

Jim
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:Killbucket, Malan, Merlin ...
We lost master cutler Ruben Calo from Buenos Aires, Argentina a few years back. Very nice man a true gentleman and his work was fantastic.
Ruben_Calo.jpg
Ruben_Calo.jpg (34.24 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Unfortunately he used an outside image host so none of his photos survived. These are resized thumbnails I found, low quality but you can see his exquisite craftsmanship.
Does anyone recall for sure, I was thinking his wife made his sheaths.
calo_4.jpg
calo_4.jpg (124.34 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Calo-03.jpg
Calo-03.jpg (58.56 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Calo-04.jpg
Calo-04.jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Calo-01.jpg
Calo-01.jpg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 3445 times
Calo-02.jpg
Calo-02.jpg (68.21 KiB) Viewed 3445 times

jim d, wrote:'ll do my part and revive the once periodic Mayberry crime updates if anyone is interested.

Jim
Heck yeah Jim, I always enjoyed stories of the goings on in Mayberry. 8)

I remember Jerry getting a kick out of the picture I took of my giant "space spider" :lol:
0002S.JPG
0002S.JPG (142.13 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
I just noticed my join date- You awesome people have tolerated my nonsense for 8 years now...I am very grateful.
I originally joined in 2005 but lost my password and didn't join again until 09.
Al, Pete and Terry are the ones that asked me to be a mod so blame them not me. 8)
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

jim d, wrote:Hey Tom, Just this week we had, get this, a drug bust!

Jim
Ha haa, Opie was caught eating one of Ant Bea's kidney pills. :lol:
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Hi Guys, I have some catching up to do!! More than ONCE when I visited JerrBear, he asked me if I had read this thread. I can't read my OWN typing, let alone anyone else's! I left off on the end of page four. Now that the weekend is here, I'm gonna make a concerted effort to glean through this thing. What I have read is already entertaining. I would LOVE to chime in! ....... Barb
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

P.S. Can't believe that I have been a member for thirteen years already... B
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Hi Barb! Hope to see you posting often and helping to keep this thread going. The people that have past are still in our memories, they can't take that from us.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jim a drug bust in Mayberry!!!!! Oh no! Good to see some good old members here !!!!! I have missed some of the old members!
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

TRYKER wrote:YUP, AND LETS NOT FERGET STILETTOMAN
Also Jim,( AKA Switchman 1)
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

I still stop in, but have little left to say. Mostly, I glean bits of wisdom from the posts of others.

Reading the posts, I'm reminded of Dante-"I did not know that Death had undone so many" The Inferno.

Not many forums left, trolls and catfishing has ruined the internet-what discussion there is is about Trump-and no moderation about it, some people say he's a devil, others think he's our savior.

I just turned 70, and I can't get excited about much of anything anymore-but I do love stopping in here, time to time.
Life has no value, Death has a price
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

tequiza wrote:
TRYKER wrote:YUP, AND LETS NOT FERGET STILETTOMAN
Also Jim,( AKA Switchman 1)
Some years ago I was going on a business trip to the Boston area. I asked if anyone on the forum lived in that vacinity and would like to meet for lunch. Tryker and Jim both responded. They drove down to Foxboro where I was working. That was a 30 mile trek which probably took best part of an hour due to road work on I93. We sat down at the restaurant Jim suggested and within a few minutes, he pulled out his latest acquisition. This was to the consternation of the young waiter who chose that moment to take our orders. Apparently Jim had been in this situation before and explained we were knife collectors. His manner was so disarming and matter of fact that the waiter lost his initial anxiety and even started to get interested. Jim probably could have sold him that knife! Anyway, lots of good talk between the three of us and Jim picked up the tab! I wanted to as I could put it on my expense account, but Jim would have none of it. He was a true gentleman. It has been said that his being an electrician added sparkle to his personality....
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

jim d, wrote:How about we revive it with new posts? I'll do my part and revive the once periodic Mayberry crime updates if anyone is interested.

Jim
I would be more than happy to fill the part of "Aunt Bea" !!
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

krakenten wrote:I still stop in, but have little left to say. Mostly, I glean bits of wisdom from the posts of others.

Reading the posts, I'm reminded of Dante-"I did not know that Death had undone so many" The Inferno.

Not many forums left, trolls and catfishing has ruined the internet-what discussion there is is about Trump-and no moderation about it, some people say he's a devil, others think he's our savior.

I just turned 70, and I can't get excited about much of anything anymore-but I do love stopping in here, time to time.
Hi Buddy,

I will catch up with you in January, and I find that I just keep plunging forward between naps. I've discovered a new passion in designing knives, and made a good friend in Duke (knifemaker55) who is three years my senior, but likes building them. This keeps life interesting for both of us.

You don't need to write a novel to be a contributor here. Tell someone what you liked or didn't like about their knife. Post pictures of something you own that someone else may not have seen before. Just talk, man. By the way, it's good to meet you.

Regards,
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Viking45 wrote:We lost master cutler Ruben Calo from Buenos Aires, Argentina a few years back. Very nice man a true gentleman and his work was fantastic.

Unfortunately he used an outside image host so none of his photos survived. These are resized thumbnails I found, low quality but you can see his exquisite craftsmanship.
Does anyone recall for sure, I was thinking his wife made his sheaths.

I just noticed my join date- You awesome people have tolerated my nonsense for 8 years now...I am very grateful.
I originally joined in 2005 but lost my password and didn't join again until 09.
Al, Pete and Terry are the ones that asked me to be a mod so blame them not me. 8)
Good post, Dave. Thanks for posting Señor Calo's work, he definitely created some beautiful pieces.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

David,

You are so right that Jim (switchman 1) was a true gentleman. I spent a good bit of time with him at a few Atlanta shows and have nothing but fond memories of those times.

Jim