Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jerryk25

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by jerryk25 »

Wow, 240 pages . . .a long long post. . . . . .
I typed before realizing how much I didn't read.

Old time Celluloid can warp, shrink, dissolve, oxidize and "foam / crumble" like alka-seltzer.
It's celluloid rot is contagious to other celluloids and can rust non-stainless blades and liners.

Polystyrenes can "melt" when in contact with neoprenes and rubber-type polymers.

Polyvinyl can loose it's oil content by evaporation and slowly shrink and get harder and harder.

Polyolfins like "Delron" and others are pretty stable unless exposed to really high heat.

I can't say I've ever had a plastic actually bend a liner. . . the scale usually "lifts" off.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

jerryk25 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:53 pm Wow, 240 pages . . .a long long post. . . . . .
I typed before realizing how much I didn't read.

Old time Celluloid can warp, shrink, dissolve, oxidize and "foam / crumble" like alka-seltzer.
It's celluloid rot is contagious to other celluloids and can rust non-stainless blades and liners.

Polystyrenes can "melt" when in contact with neoprenes and rubber-type polymers.

Polyvinyl can loose it's oil content by evaporation and slowly shrink and get harder and harder.

Polyolfins like "Delron" and others are pretty stable unless exposed to really high heat.

I can't say I've ever had a plastic actually bend a liner. . . the scale usually "lifts" off.
When you need a good laugh you should read this from the beginning, JerrBear was quite the character and is missed by many here. See you on the other side Jerr!
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

BTT
sammy the blade

Mr. Jim, any new news on the Mayberry crime wave?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Sammy- last weekend we had our annual Spring Folly (postponed from the actual Spring due to Covid) which involves closing down part of Main Street and a couple of other streets. Also, the annual Mayberry Days Festival was held in the general area. I was expecting a heavy police report in today's paper, but not much was reported: 3 women and one man charged with DUI and woman with breaking and entering. Perhaps there is a reporting delay and Thursday's paper will have more police activity.

Jim
sammy the blade

Thanks for the heads up, inquiring minds want to know.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Must be Mayberry raised the beer tent prices.
sammy the blade

Just hate it when they raise prices on beer and papers, and ammo.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

The Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy announced Sunday the passing of Elizabeth ‘Betty’ Lynn, known for her role on the show as character Barney Fife’s girlfriend, Thelma Lou. She died peacefully on Saturday after battling a brief illness. She was 95.

After several years of attending the annual Mayberry Days festival in Andy Griffith’s hometown of Mount Airy, Lynn decided to move there in 2007 where she lived until her death.

Jim
sammy the blade

Sad news but if she made it to 95 she must have done something right.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I follow a few of the FB Mayberry sites and heard this news when it happened. She was the last of the adult actors left...RIP
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

I Know many shows off by heart. . . .
Mom, who is mostly deaf, and my mother in law, both watch it in the other room, every day.
Andy Griffith, Gomer Pyle USMC, Green Acres, then Golden Girls. . . every night.

at full volume . . .A T . . . F U L L . . . V O L U M E . . . . . .

.A T . . . F U L L . . . V O L U M E .
sammy the blade

My condolences to you.
sammy the blade

Jim, any news on the wild drinkin women of Mayberry?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Well Sammy, nothing out of the ordinary. It is Winter and here we just go inside and complain, even though the Winters are mild. I did see a few were nabbed for drunk driving. In a few months when the warm weather returns I'm guessing their drunken antics will become public again and make the local paper.

Jim