Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by Tom19176 »

I watch the same shows Jerry!!!
button_man

Post by button_man »

"36 Hours" is an excellent WW II thriller starring James Garner as an officer who is drugged and kidnapped by German agents.
He awakens to find himself in an American hospital, and is told that he suffered a head injury, has been in a coma, and the war has
been over for years..... but the hospital and surrounding grounds.... the staff.... the other patients..... are all meticulously prepared
German assets; an elaborate ruse has staged so that they can get him to relax and eventually discuss details of the Invasion on the
French coast -- which they know he has.

John Banner ("Sergeant Schultz") has a minor but juicy role as a fat old duffer who has been pressed into service as part of the Home Guard,
keeping an eye on a deserted stretch of road. Although he initially appears to be very laid-back and casual, he is far more canny than the
blundering fool that he portrays in "Hogan's Heroes". Some of the acting seems a bit dated; but after all, it's a 1964 film and the story
(by the great Roald Dahl) is very good. (The only really serious drawback is Rod Taylor, who is hideously miscast as a conniving Nazi officer.)
If you've never seen this movie, do yourself a favor and look for it.
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

I never thought of Sargent Schultz as "Blundering". .
He was Col. Kink's Boss. . . at the toy factory before the war.
Several occasions it was obvious he knew Hogan was "up to something".
He just was not interested in being a soldier. Almost a prisoner also, with more privileges. . .

And Col. Klink was an air force pilot in WWI . . . .(uniform insignia)
You had to volunteer to pilot a paper-kite airplane without a parachute.
So he couldn't have been that milk-toast . . ( milquetoast ? spelling )
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Beer...Birra...Bier...Cerveza...etc.

After reading Terry's and Sammy's comments about beer in another thread, and Terry's considerate remark about not wanting to hijack the thread for a discussion about beer, I thought that it might be an appropriate tribute to JerrBear and and avenue to continue the discussion right here. After all, Jerry was a true connoisseur, who remembers his beer of choice??

Jim
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Was it Milwaukee best or Old Milwaukee's? Could have been goat piss, Jerry told me he hasn't drank for a number of years. Don't remember how many but it was over 10. I'd have to be broke! Sure do miss my olde pal though.
2024 candidate for president
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. jerryk25-

One of my old tv favorites was "Garrison's Gorillas", wherein that clever rascal, 'Cheif', has a large switchblade in a snappy sliding arm concealment unit.

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

Remember that well, he was pretty good with it too.
sammy the blade

Just thinking about Jerry and thought I'd make another post in his honor. Gone but not forgotten!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The place just isn't the same without him.
sammy the blade

No it's not, he was one in a million. Really miss the old bear!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Mayberry Crime Update: it has been a while so I thought an update is in order. I have been collecting entries in my local paper for a few months and here are a few of the more interesting ones. Here are some actual incidents as reported in the paper.

Suspicious Vehicle, Suspicious Person, Verbal Disturbance, DUI, Driving After Consuming (this is for underage drivers who do not meet the threshold for DUI), Trespassing, Aggressive Animal, Resisting (it was a 44 year old woman also charged with intoxicated and disorderly), Found Dog, Found Firearm (a Glock in the driveway), Unauthorized Use (of a vehicle), Affray, Speeding to Elude (well this is NASCAR country), Dog Bite

Jim
sammy the blade

Sounds like paradise to me.
LD57

Post by LD57 »

jim d, wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:57 pm Mayberry Crime Update: it has been a while so I thought an update is in order. I have been collecting entries in my local paper for a few months and here are a few of the more interesting ones. Here are some actual incidents as reported in the paper.

Suspicious Vehicle, Suspicious Person, Verbal Disturbance, DUI, Driving After Consuming (this is for underage drivers who do not meet the threshold for DUI), Trespassing, Aggressive Animal, Resisting (it was a 44 year old woman also charged with intoxicated and disorderly), Found Dog, Found Firearm (a Glock in the driveway), Unauthorized Use (of a vehicle), Affray, Speeding to Elude (well this is NASCAR country), Dog Bite

Jim
What crime is a person committing when that person "Affrays"?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Meeting the criteria of "Affray" requires:

There was a fight between two or more persons. However, there does not have to be an actual physical assault for this element of the crime to be established.

The fight must take place in a public place.

The fight causes the public to experience terror. To prove this, the prosecutor only needs to show that some individuals were fearful—which is very easy to prove.

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Jim it seems like the crime wave continues since Andy and Barney passed.....