Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jim d,

Re: Imitation Horn

Post by jim d, » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:37 pm

I continue to miss JerrBear.

Mayberry Summer: about 15 years ago a small group of muscle car owners would gather occasionally in a local parking lot. The number kept getting larger and the events had to keep moving to larger venues. For the past few years the "Downtown Cruise-In" as it has become known now consists of a well publicized event one Saturday per month April - October. Two downtown streets (yes one is Main St.) are blocked for a few blocks. There are cars from 100 or more miles away. It is pretty much a free for all regarding what type of car you can bring. Yesterday I saw everything from a Model A to a new Lamborghini but muscle cars and other cars from the '50's to the '70's dominate. The area has a few restaurants/bars which no doubt love the events. The cars really bring back a lot of memories. I believe there are a lot of forum members who would enjoy it.

It looks like the women have stepped up the pace after a relatively quiet few months. Yesterday's paper cited 12 arrests, 10 for women, 2 for men! That is a very high ratio even for the wild women of Mayberry. It was mostly the usual stuff with a lot of petty drug charges combined with a traffic offenses. My guess they were pulled for the traffic infraction and the officer saw the drugs.

Jim

sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:38 pm

On live PD they call it riding dirty. Get pulled over for a traffic offence and they find dope in the car.

sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:56 pm

Any new news on the wild woman of Mayberry?

jim d,

Post by jim d, » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:43 am

Well Sammy, it has been more of the boring same. Failure to appear, minor drug offenses, speeding, drunk driving etc. There was one case called "affray" which I learned from a friend was a situation where a woman confronted her ex-boyfriends new girlfriend and an affray resulted in blood being spilled from noses and mouths. Sad to say that segment of society does exist in the greater Mayberry area.

Jim

sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:48 am

Jim, I live in Sweetser Indiana, my guess it's less than 1000 people and nothing ever happens here unless we get a speeder through the school zone. Must be nice living where there is some action.