Knife resource site (I'm going2make)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Knife resource site (I'm going2make)

Post by J-man »

Hey all, since were all knife nuts and such. I'm thinking I might make a knife resource site, I know HTML off the back of my head. I can get the server space, the only problem is I don't have very many knives I could review, I'm not rich. I'm going to do this in my spare time. Anyhow If anyone would like to help out say in site desgin, doing your own reviews, donations (which won't be asked for till the sites up) send me an e-mail or reply ,you have suggestions for it just reply. (Though I might e-mail you if you reply in the forum, if say I don't want other people knowing about it) I can get it ad free, no bandwidth limit. And of course I'm going to link to other sites (i.e. Tinys, Tanto's, personal member sites etc.), and don't worry I know how to get exposure.
BTW: I'm completey serious about this, I'm not going to work on it all weekend and then decide, Nope don't wanna do it. Oh yeah and I will link to the forum.

Also I ain't going to do anything by putting it up until I get some ideas (I've already got some ad-free space (unlimited hits). I can always register a domain or a sub-domain.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

It's in the process of being done over on TSF. Not sure how the format will be but you can read about it over there. BladeForums tried a similar ezine about 2 years ago and got as far as one issue. I'm hoping Bill D's will far outlast BF's.
PB
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Thanks pushbutton for the info I sorta heard about that (I don't hang around bladeforums.com). Anyhow I've been taking some cool looking knives and putting them into diffrent imageing stuff, anyhow I've made some B-blasted finsihes looked highly polished without damaging the handle and etc. Anyhow here are two of the best ones, A Microtech Combat Talon II (welcome1.jpeg) and a Mikov ABS folder (welcome2.jpeg):

http://homepage.mac.com/knifetea/images/welcome1.jpeg
http://homepage.mac.com/knifetea/images/welcome2.jpeg

I know werid name "knifetea" when I was signing up for a second account from apple itools (previous commodore still use it) I couldn't think of a name for it. Either way enjoy and I will be posting again in the near future.
BTW: The spraypaint effect got screwed up and I didn't replace it (the werid looking letters) so I'll fix that probably tonight, so if you read this in a few hours, this by the way is pointless.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

J-man

I think you have a good idea and good luck to you. It seems like an interesting project and if anything comes to me that seems worthwile I'll post it here and you can let me know what you think.

Roccomo