Bali-Flipper...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Bali-Flipper...

Post by J-man »

Bali-Flipper you probably rember the old Italpro forums, were you the longunman there?
Bali-Flipper

Post by Bali-Flipper »

yes

<--==Living Without Balisong Is Like Living Without Oxygen==-->
<>-=They Can Take My Life But I Won't Let Them Take My Balis-=<>
johnny blade

Post by johnny blade »

How many Canadian balisong nuts do you guys know besides the three of us??? We are sort of a rare breed mostly because our restrictive laws don't allow us to have any fun. maybe someone is afraid we'll put an eye out or something!!
Bali-Flipper

Post by Bali-Flipper »

I know one other guy "balisedge" his email is balisedge@hotmail.com tell him i told you to add him if you've got messenger hes a good guy he lives in the same city as me. If you use MSN messenger add me my emails are evil_antix@hotmail.com and balisong_master@hotmail.com or if you use AIM my name is delayed rezponse

J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Ah yes one more knife nut (for auto,butterfly) is razor_54 (although he can legally possess em' because he's an ex-cop, but he's never gone out of his way to bust anyone for carrying an auto or a butterfly.)
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Nice to see more Canadians on the form. J-Man, you have a great idea for a web site. Good luck with it.
Speaking of butterflies, just received the Microtech bali from PVK. Now i need a box of band aids. I have a few traditional Bali's from the Phillipines, but i think this one will become my favorite. The pocket clip is a nice feature.
Bali-Flipper

Post by Bali-Flipper »

Well were all from Canada but where are you all from in Canada? How is the microtech i hear great things about it. Is it bigger then a Benchmade 42/43/47?

nevwerg

Post by nevwerg »

woah hey i have broken organs! and brain damage!
Last edited by nevwerg on Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

The Microtech Tachyon blade is a bit shorter than the Benchmade 42/43, but not by much. I like the feel of the Microtech with square handles rather than the Benchmade. Don't get me wrong, both the Microtech and Benchmade are great knives.
The Benchmade have a more traditional look compared to the high tech of the Tachyon. The tachyon also comes with a razor sharp edge.
This Bali will make a great addition to anyones collection.
nevwerg

Post by nevwerg »

im stupid, and i have nothing worthwhile to add to this forum.
Last edited by nevwerg on Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hundor

I need a diagram off a springblade.

Post by hundor »

i have not been able to find any schematics off leaf spring or any other type off auto schematics online, and i cannot purchase a auto here in canada legally and illegally there about 180$ on the street and thos are pretty shitty but what i would like to do is convert my buck knife into some type off auto so if anybody has any schematics or suggestions i would be vary thankfull.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Buck conversions [and most others] are fairly precise operations that require machine tools [milling machine at least] and near as I can tell are
not a simple "do it yourself" operation. Maybe someone can be of more help, but I've never seen a schematic or blueprint and looking at the knife
would not want to attempt this job without trying it on some cheap clones first. Even some of the high quality conversions suffer defects like a high blade now and then. Switchblades are more complicated than they look,
a few thousands error in where a hole is drilled can produce a piece of junk. It might be easier to build one from scratch then trying a conversion.