New Favorite Carry Knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The Falcon

New Favorite Carry Knife

Post by The Falcon »

Kershaw Blackout - light like eagle feather, fast like lightning, sharp like squaw's tongue, black like night.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I have 2 favorites. Most of the time Microtech LUDT, and the rest a Hubertus Camper model with the bottle opener and corkscrew.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. The Falcon,

I have the Whirlwind for my carry/user. I keep it clipped on the inside of the pocket and I cant even tell its there. Really light as well. I can open it faster than any switch I own. I cant find the black out on any web sites yet, but I think my local gun may have them. I'll check one out.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Combo-edge ABS Mikov is my constant companion. BTW, Wal-Mart carries the Kershaw Black Out for about $54.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I usually switch my carry-switch every day or two. Today it's a 9 1/2"
Frostwood LeverLock with partially serrated blade. [This is a favorite].
The Hubertus Camper style frequently makes the list and so does the
Hubie with the saw blade.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

My everyday carry blade is an AB 8 inch Sigfried Lever Lock. That pen blade is excellent for just about all jobs and the style of the knife fits even in dressy type clothes. Plus its a real durable type of knife that lasts a while and can really be leaned on if needed. Also a real good edge can be put on it, the steel seems to be pretty good.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Roccomo,

Same for me, the 8 in Segifreid. Mine is a white acrylic AB/SKM and bears the rare and valuable "Vagrant Knives" etching.

Jim
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Mr Jim D

SWEET......It took me a while and lots of different knives to arrive at the sigfried type but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole search.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. The Falcon,

Yes, $60 at my local gun shop. Can probably get'm cheaper somewhere else. BA #622078 has one up right now. Current bid is $39. Never really been impressed with the black blades.

Mr. Jim D,

I usually pack a switch in the car, but here in The Peoples Republic Of Northern California, to get caught with one would be the equivilent of shooting kids in the schoolyard.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

My Catalana style knife only took a little work with a flat Arkansas stone to be razor sharp, and the deep belly in these blades should make for a decent working knife. I'll experiment with carrying it for a while. Mine in sim horn is also cheap enough that I won't cry too much if anything happens to it.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Doffus aka Bonzo, trust me it's worst up here
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

My favorite is still the Benchmade mini reflex. It keeps it's edge and a strong knife for the price. A close second would be the Buck 112 auto.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

A Kershaw Blackout can whip a Buck 112 auto with one bolster tied behind it's backspring.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Dalton Companion is also my favorite companion (for now). :lol: I like the style, construction, and quality of the knife so much that I have ordered another with a black anodized frame with camo anodized inserts. For overall evil switchblade appearance, it's definitely the ProTech Godfather. For regular carry, its the Companion.

Greyblade
Last edited by Greyblade on Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
menloe69

Favorite Carry Knife

Post by menloe69 »

I carry the Colt M-16, dual action, with a non- serrated bead blasted blade. It was a gift from the officers who worked for me when I ran a prison boot camp a couple of years ago.

Tim