New Favorite Carry Knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

You can never get just one of a favorite.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Blade Runner wrote:After today, I can report that the Catalana type might have made a good carry knife if the blade were a bit heavier...bent the thin tip cutting the plastic banding on a bundle of laths. On another note, The Big Brown Truck brought my latest BA aquisition today, a #2 in camo by Piranha Knife Co. Very light, very sharp and fast opening. I like it! This could replace the Mikov as my daily carry.
I dont think i could bring myself to beatup a catalana using it as a work knife.There such perfect examples of Italian cutlery.But on a differnt note i usually switch my edcs right now is a 9inch abs carbon steel Ab stiletto i usually switch off with this and two folding karambits and an 8 inch leverlock.
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Wow, this thread is a blast from the past.
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Roccomo wrote:Wow, this thread is a blast from the past.
It sure is. I'll jump in here. I alternate between a Mini Magnum and a SOG Blink. I don't need a big knife for EDC. Small, relatively cheap to replace if lost or broken. The Blink fits in the watch pocket of a pair of jeans.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Well at the time this thread first started I use to EDC a Kershaw Blackout. However over the past 3-4 years I've had a Benchmade 42 Bali as my EDC.

SD
Fishtail Picklock

Off-duty carry.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Since I can't even carry a pocket knife on duty, (anything can be turned against you inside the Facility) we know the name of THAT tune! Outside, I am careful to carry my 3" barreled, 1991-vintage Charter Arms Buldog chambered in .44 S&W Special.

To back THAT up, I simply drop my SOG Flash II with an assisted opening blade. My initialsare etched on the blade in Old English lettering (a gift from my wife) in the pocket of my sportcoat.

In my pants pocket, I carry my Victorinox brand "executive" pocket knife. This little tool is always sharp as well as handy.

We live in wonderful times!

Scott
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Off-duty carry.

Post by Vagrant »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Outside, I am careful to carry my 3" barreled, 1991-vintage Charter Arms Buldog chambered in .44 S&W Special.

Scott
I'm more of an "auto guy" AND I DON'T "go out of my way" to needlessly agree with pepole. But, IF you have to carry a revolver there are NOT many better choices 8) The "Bulldog" is an awesome choice :idea:
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Off-duty carry.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Vagrant wrote:
Fishtail Picklock wrote: Outside, I am careful to carry my 3" barreled, 1991-vintage Charter Arms Buldog chambered in .44 S&W Special.

Scott
I'm more of an "auto guy" AND I DON'T "go out of my way" to needlessly agree with pepole. But, IF you have to carry a revolver there are NOT many better choices 8) The "Bulldog" is an awesome choice :idea:
I agree. I enjoy my autoloaders, (the 10mm Auto being a perrenial favorite.) My Charter is a stainless steel model It wears a pair of Compac grips, as does yours. 8) It is powerful, and while relatively light in weight, it handles the situations with authority. The price was right too! I bought mine second hand, in pristeen condition for $175.00. You can't beat that with a stick! That's a nice piece of ordnance you have there, Brother! I might add that looks to be in pretty good condition.

Keep your powder dry!

Scott
stiletto of athens

Post by stiletto of athens »

dudes i thing that i am going buing a kersaw blackout i just saw it know from a friend of mine and i like it at all its small,lightweight,SHAAAARP(WOW).and the clasic blade and as i see holding the egde prety well and has a very good point too.i have an mcust katana series when i go for hunding too this knife is with one word:SCARY,BEST FOLDER..
*****CLICK*****
stiletto of athens

today i take my new kershaw blackout 1550st and mine dosent do any 'tricks' i have openet-closed up to 60 times and its 1:20 yet;) i testet much timer untill now and it seems the same good,fast and tight all the times u must have a 'sick' model i cant explein with other way.
*****CLICK*****
Gort

Post by Gort »

I wonder, Mr SOA if you might consider posting, just once, in Greek, and
English. It might help those of us who are ligustically challenged, and
resolve JerrBear's carbitch mystery.

stiletto of athens wrote:today i take my new kershaw blackout 1550st and mine dosent do any 'tricks' i have openet-closed up to 60 times and its 1:20 yet;) i testet much timer untill now and it seems the same good,fast and tight all the times u must have a 'sick' model i cant explein with other way.
-Gort
stiletto of athens

i know my English is not very good but the other guys can understend what i wanna say and this is the important i thing and no if i write right if u wanna i can speak in greek but u will no understend nothing e.x ti ginete pos ta pernas?ola ok?asta na pah paraskeyh na pao diakopes gt den antexo alo edokourastika.:););)lol friend u maybe need a dictionary.;)
*****CLICK*****
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

:lol: 8) :lol:
stiletto of athens

in my greek msg i wrote:wazaup?all going ok?i wanna friday morning cose i gonna leave the f****g job for 10 days off coz i am tired.:);)
*****CLICK*****
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

you do a pretty good job of getting the point across.
I could not imagine myself going to a forum that was in another language and trying to read or reply to what was posted.
I was born in America and after 50 plus years , I'm still learning the language. :wink: