Hi everyone

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Hi everyone

Post by Pushbutton »

Hi, just thought i'd come on and say hi and thank everyone for the huge support and thoughtful words. I have received so many emails that really meant a lot to me. Sorry i havent had time to reply to them, i have just kind of been keeping busy. My mom just old me to tell you guys the postings and emails mean a lot to her also. The memorial was actually not too morbid. It was a celebration of life so a couple people got up and told funny stories, my sisters was a riot, it was about my dad and Halloween and how he scared the shit out of the neighborhood kids. I got display boards and placed pics on them. I printed out the pictures of the forum members and wrote an insert about how wonderful you guys are and what a huge part of my dads life this was and then my uncle spoke about the forum. I displayed some of the model cars he worked on, they're cool. There was wine and stuff (which definatley helped take the edge off). He would have enjoyed it himself i think. I have been going out basically every night which seems to take my mind off it a little. It just sucks to be alone. Sometimes i'm happy when i see his pics or shoes lying around etc. and other times its just so sad.
Jen
Bowtown Blade

Post by Bowtown Blade »

Hi Jen
sounds like you had many good idea's. i am glad hearing from everyone here helped you and your family in this difficult time, it is good that you get out to get your mind off things every now and then, and it will also be helpful to remenise about the past with your family, with your friends, including us here :!: ..... i do know so many here are thinking of you and your family and hoping all goes well, please stay in touch
Bowtown Blade
missaman

Post by missaman »

Jen,
Good to hear from you again, you will always have friends here. :D
Missaman in da hood
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

missaman wrote:Jen,
Good to hear from you again, you will always have friends here. :D
Missaman in da hood
ditto on that,even us old guys :D
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sakura

Post by sakura »

us "punk kids" too
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It feels SO GOOD to US to see the familiar name and avatar :!: The door here is always open :) We may have been part of your fathers life but, He was also a large part of ours :idea:
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good evening Jen,
It makes me happy to see you posting! Glad to hear you and your family are well. Post when you can, it's good therapy for us as well.

All the best,
Sam Hotton
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I must say when I checked the board and saw a new post by PB it sent a shiver up my spine.

Jen: I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this place just ain't the same without your father. He is missed by us all.

SD
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Jennifer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know what is happening and how your family is doing. Also seeing that old avatar was an unexpected and ultimately a very pleasant surprise.

I hope the mug shots you prined out and posted didn't freak out too many at the celebration of life. Nice to know we were actually there!

Best Wishes
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Jen,

Thanks for checking in! Feel free to come in and talk knives or just talk anytime.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Jen-

I salute your resolve and resiliency. Being a long time veteran of grief through the departure of loved ones and ol' pals, I understand completely the range of emotions such passing evokes in those left behind, from the searing anguish of the lonely void, the silent echo of the footsteps never to be heard again, the despair of soul searching 'what if's-'... yet ever onwards, through the neutral acceptance of the empty chair, unto the awareness awakening of knowing that the King resides in a new etheral plane, and the sweeping crescendo of hope reborn with the strength to carry on, confident that my ol' pal has embarked on a new adventure, and the essence of his being-mind-soul most likely is having lots of fun in the great beyond, wishing our hearts to be in peace.

Your Sainted Dad was a fine gentleman, and a competent adversary in the battle of wordy wit herein. I consider myself fortunate to have been a character in his sphere of influence.

Please stop by regularly, and feel free to carry on the Mr. Pushbutton legacy by taking snipes and potshots at your ol' pal, Wally.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Greetings Jen: I'm sure all our thoughts are with you and your family at this time,please keep coming back to say hi and tell us how you are doing, there isn't a better bunch of people on the planet than there are on this forum. God Bless
Switchman1
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Hi Jen, it was sure great to see the Pushbutton name up and running again! If you have favorite pixs of your Dad or stories, go on and post them.
Don't be a stranger...
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Ms. Jen,

I'll be sure to toss an extra M-80 into Wally's treat bag this halloween in your dear fathers memory.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Gort

Post by Gort »

Hi Jen, it is good to see a Pushbutton post here, please come
back whenever you wish. It helps us also.

May whatever beliefs you have bring you peace and strength.

It is my fervent hope that your father is now enjoying the type of
satisfaction he got on this earthly plane, by "pushing the button.
-Gort