A small honor for our friend.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Should the name Pushbutton be retired and not reissued ?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:09 am

Yes retire it and do NOT reissue it
49%
It's a classic retire it and do not reissue it
12%
It's the least we can do, retire it and do not reissue it
39%

Total votes: 49

Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

A small honor for our friend.

Post by Vagrant »

Our longtime Friend Pushbutton has passed away, we should honor him by retiring the name Pushbutton :!:
JackDRipper

Post by JackDRipper »

For sure not let anyone else use it, although I feel his name should remain in the membership list for his family to use to drop us a line occasionaly to let us know how they are doing. It feels like family here, his family is family as well.
Are we having fun yet?
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

i'm still in shock...he was a real friend....
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

JackDRipper wrote:For sure not let anyone else use it, although I feel his name should remain in the membership list for his family to use to drop us a line occasionaly to let us know how they are doing. It feels like family here, his family is family as well.
It took me a long time to figure out how to do a poll and right off someone has a better idea than mine :(
I'll agree a vote to retire the name equates to a vote to continue it for the use of his family, If they wish that :idea:
Blade Switcher

Post by Blade Switcher »

I'm not one for engraved knives or special made-for-collectables but if the group put together a forum knife to honor Pushbutton I would buy one. It's too bad we can't have an 11" swinguard Kris made engraved with his name and birth/death years on it.
Just one more and I'll stop . . . honest!
sammy da blade

Post by sammy da blade »

sorry to hear about PB, some of his posts left me laughing my ass off, plus he knew alot about knives. i'm sure he's in a better place now. may he never be forgotten here.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
JackDRipper

Post by JackDRipper »

It took me a long time to figure out how to do a poll and right off someone has a better idea than mine :(

I was'nt trying to top you vagrant, it's just PB has always been such a big part of this forum I would realy hate the thought of signing in and not seeing his name in the list.
Are we having fun yet?
Plastered Bastard

Post by Plastered Bastard »

Blade Switcher wrote:I'm not one for engraved knives or special made-for-collectables but if the group put together a forum knife to honor Pushbutton I would buy one. It's too bad we can't have an 11" swinguard Kris made engraved with his name and birth/death years on it.
That's a great idea...I think anyone would be honored to have forum knife dedicated to them...I'd bet Pushbutton would be. I would want one for sure.
And serial #1 should go to Jen.
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces ~ American Proverb

Plastered B.
cods

Post by cods »

:(. this is so sad. :(.

and yes, don't reissue it.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'd rather stay focused on honoring PBs name on this thread. A special knife has it's good points but someone should start a thread for it :idea:
Should we retire his name or leave it for his family to use :?: Despite the lack of options on the poll I'll consider any vote to retire as also a vote for keeping the name for his family :roll: THEIR feelings should be the only vote that counts :!:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Vagrant wrote:THEIR feelings should be the only vote that counts :!:
Absolutely. If they want to continue to use it, they certainly should. In that way some of PB will still be with us.
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Hi guys,
I think the Pushbutton name belongs to Jen his daughter only, she's got his blood, she has his knives, she has his name and she has his "Stand up" spirit. As far as I'm concerned Pushbutton is hers only to use, or retire it.

Yes, I think a knife to honor PB is a great idea. Yes, Jen should get #1. I think it should be well thought out as to what knife it is to be and what will be inscribed on it. Yes, put me on the list for one.

Rest in peace PB, I shall miss you.

Sam Hotton
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

Sam Hotton wrote:Hi guys,
I think the Pushbutton name belongs to Jen his daughter only, she's got his blood, she has his knives, she has his name and she has his "Stand up" spirit. As far as I'm concerned Pushbutton is hers only to use, or retire it.

Yes, I think a knife to honor PB is a great idea. Yes, Jen should get #1. I think it should be well thought out as to what knife it is to be and what will be inscribed on it. Yes, put me on the list for one.

Rest in peace PB, I shall miss you.

Sam Hotton
i agree with you 100% sam,
and something to consider, switches were only a part of his collection,
he was fond of many types of knives - he was always going on about how you can't beat a good fixed blade in a pinch :roll:
floater

Post by floater »

Vagrant wrote:I'd rather stay focused on honoring PBs name on this thread. A special knife has it's good points but someone should start a thread for it :idea:
Should we retire his name or leave it for his family to use :?: Despite the lack of options on the poll I'll consider any vote to retire as also a vote for keeping the name for his family :roll: THEIR feelings should be the only vote that counts :!:

Well said!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Yes, I think it would be fitting to retire the name, with the reservation that his daughter could use it.

TomR
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?