A small honor for our friend.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Should the name Pushbutton be retired and not reissued ?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:09 am

Yes retire it and do NOT reissue it
49%
It's a classic retire it and do not reissue it
12%
It's the least we can do, retire it and do not reissue it
39%

Total votes: 49

Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I also agree to retire his name. It's hard to beleive that he is gone, but he will not be forgotten.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

You guys are such wonderful friends

Post by Pushbutton »

That is a very special idea.I would be honored to come on here and chat with you guys! I told my Mom and sister about all the touching posts and it made us feel that much better knowing how loved he was by SOOO many. My sister is 20 and she is leaving to study abroad in Switzerland in a month and she is not taking it good. I fee l like i am 25 and had moved home for the last yearso i am cherishing all the valuable time we had together. I feel like within these past couple years i had a true sense of who my father was and how much he meant to me. He was so god damn funny. I will tell you all stories. Right now the family is coming over to figure some stuff out. He will be creamated and since we were not really any religion a memorial will be held at the Unitarian church. I am making a display of pictures and stufff. I have a shadow box that i was going to put some knives in. Oh yes does anyone know his favorites and how the hell i can figure them out?lol. He was raised Prodestian and my mom catholic but we never went to church and didnt know if aome stuff was like balogna-not to knock anyones religion! We were spititual and do believe in eternal life, and i KNOW i will be with again forever. He is with his father now who died when he was 5, so i f he can wait that long to be w/ him i can wait. I know hes with me now estatic thet i am on his PB name. If he could hed be here typing himself. Well ill be back later. Thanks guys, ill be sure to send some pics.
Jen
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Jen,

I must mention that your father and I exchanged many e-mails about various things, including family. On more than one occasion, he mentioned you and yous sister, and how proud he was of the two of you.

Jim
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I agree with Sam. Parents live on through their children and so it should be with Pushbutton. -JB
Bowtown Blade

Post by Bowtown Blade »

not sure if i voted for the right one, my mind is still in shock, I am still in shock... i will express my feelings here to help clarify my vote, PB should be retired and left for the family (Jen), i feel that if she becomes involved with this forum and the guys it just might help all of us with the grieving, some will be going through allot more then others, i guess i am trying to say maybe we can help Jen out, i mean more then at this time, but 6 months down the road, her next birthday, you know what i mean, every one that has been through something like this in their life

anyway... let Jen keep her dads name

sorry for getting long winded, my mind is going in circles, i am still in shock
Bowtown Blade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I think Jen should keep her Fathers name, if she wants to. I'm sure there would be no problem with that. The account can remain open for the Family to use. If they wish to retire the name or keep it I'm sure it can be done.
Simeon

Post by Simeon »

I think (in fact I'm (quite) sure) Jen is as great person as her father was.

So it would be quite natural that she keeps her fathers name if she wants to.

Edited to add: that doesn't exclude the whole family using that name, IMHO.

(My father has suffered from very serious heart problems for some time now. I'm selfish now, I know, but somehow I think this (what I and my family are going through) is more exhausting than losing somebody loved suddenly.)
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My family history includes long, lingering illnesses and phone calls at 3:00 a.m. none of us "go peacfully in our sleep". The survivors are left exhausted [and numb] or stunned [and numb]. The reality that has been handed to Jen must be overwhelming. Despite that she has taken over for PB on this forum in an amazing way. Her wishes should be the ONLY ones that matter. If she wishes, she is Pushbutton :!: If she wishes a name of her own, and to Retire "Pushbutton" that is her choice. I'm sure we all can agree on that :!: I'm sure it will probably be the first and last time we all agreed on anything :wink:
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

tr4252 wrote:Yes, I think it would be fitting to retire the name, with the reservation that his daughter could use it.

TomR
I'll third that :wink:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

vagrant wrote:. Her wishes should be the ONLY ones that matter. If she wishes, she is Pushbutton If she wishes a name of her own, and to Retire "Pushbutton" that is her choice. I'm sure we all can agree on that I'm sure it will probably be the first and last time we all agreed on anything
i'm with al all the way on this one :!:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

I emphatically insist that the name be retired forever, with the only exception being the use by his daughter. I hope she stops by often, AS we can enlighten her AS to Mr. Pushbutton's special and unique character, that which we all loved and valued.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. I got to thinking about my AS capitalization gesture, and I know Mr. Pushbutton would not approve, just chastize me for being feeble again, so I rescinded said gesture.
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

tr4252 wrote:Yes, I think it would be fitting to retire the name, with the reservation that his daughter could use it.

TomR
Tom said it all ! "PB" (Bob) was "one of a kind"

"dog"
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Vagrant,

I agree with all of the above. Geez, I feel like I swallowed a hockey stick.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
watchdog49

Post by watchdog49 »

TomR
I like that idea a lot.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I believe the "Front Office" [upstairs, the big boss, capo di capi, etc] is keeping everything open for Jens use :)