Im sorry, i have really tragic news...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Im sorry, i have really tragic news...

Post by Pushbutton »

Hi everyone. My name is Jen Haigh and i am Bob Haigh's daughter. AKA PB or Pushbutton. There is no easy way to tell you guys that ty dad passed away tonight. He was cleaning the gutters on Mon afternoon because it was easier to do in the rain supposedley. I was away and my mom didnt even know he was on the roof. He fell and had a brain hemmoriage, because of the cumidin for his blood it was so thin. If they did the surgery to drain the hem. he would bleed to death, so they pumped him with plasma and it never got better, he was already gone, his brain stopped. This is really akward for an email. I don't know any of your addresses and i cant figure out his email password. He loved you guys so much, he showed me pictures of all you crazy guys and would let me read the funny stories. I have to say this was a huge part of his life. Unfortunatley life is so tragic. I am doing ok, off and on, i am trying to stay strong because i know thats what he would want. He was very loved. IT is SOOOOOOO FUCKING HARD! I know this sucks for u guys cuz i know some live so far. There will be a memorial in Milton MA this wknd. I am taking his knife collection and going to cherish them and keep them forever and ever. I am going to study them and try to learn every detail like he did. It was his passion. I dont really know what else to say but all i could think of in the hospital was how i needed to tell you guys. If anyone wants to email me please do jenniferhaigh@rcn.com, you can even call me, 617 529 2161. I loved him soooo much. we had this very close connection, i am exactly like him, our 11 year old sense of humor and his good looks :). i just graduated from school 2 wks ago and i know he was very proud of me. I miss him so much. im sorry.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

For the first time I am stunned beyond words. As one of the forums Ordained Ministers my thoughts, blessings and prayers are with you.
bladerunner28

Post by bladerunner28 »

Wow, What a shock. He sure was a great guy. I will miss his posts. Hang in there, for he is watching over you! BR28
switch67

Post by switch67 »

Jen, I'm truely sorry for your loss.Bob was a good friend,and I've shared alot with him on this forum for the last 4 years. He will never be forgotten,and I will surely miss his wisdom and humor he shared with all of us.He was a great guy and I'll miss him alot. My thoughts & prayers go out to you and your family. Sincerely , Steve (switch67)
Plastered Bastard

Post by Plastered Bastard »

This is a huge shock. Pushbutton is one of the cornerstones of this forum and it won't be the same here without his knowledge, wit, and wisdom.

God bless the Haigh family. You're in my thoughts and prayers. He meant so much to his friends here.
Jen, we're greatful to you for this post on his behalf. Much love to you and your family.

My deepest condolences to all his good buddies here. I'm so sorry.

In memory of Pushbutton.
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces ~ American Proverb

Plastered B.
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

oh my god! i can't believe it - i've been thinking about bob alot over the past few days...
wondering why he hasn't returned any of my PM's...

my deepest sympathies to you and the rest of your family - bob was a special man i grew very fond of, and thought of him as a true friend...

BOB where ever you are - may you rest in peace, my flag will fly at half mast for you - and after i bowl a few lanes (private joke between me n bob) in your honor, i'm going to perform a special 21 switch salute!

adios ace :cry:
Last edited by mrbigg on Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

:cry:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
JackDRipper

Post by JackDRipper »

The world has lost a truly good man. The humor, good will, knowledge, love of family and friends. He will be sorely missed.
Are we having fun yet?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

See my poll at http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?t=3790
I hope this can be done if the poll vote favors it :wink:
poorbs

Post by poorbs »

He will be missed
Blade Switcher

Post by Blade Switcher »

I have only been active in this forum since February (as McEowen) but I have come to really appreciate and look forward to Pushbutton's comments. He was a real joy. I'm saddened to hear this tragic news.

I don't know if this is appropriate or not but I believe God (or if you prefer, the creator) remembers and seals the souls of people who have keep something good (something of him) clean and pure within their hearts. Pushbutton's sense of humor tells me he had a lot of good in him.

My thoughts are with you and yours through this difficult time. I hope you find the peace to carry you through.

Bob McEowen (Blade Switcher)
Just one more and I'll stop . . . honest!
Jay

Post by Jay »

Jen,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. He will be missed by everyone here.

Sincerely,
Jay
cods

Post by cods »

oh god. i know i'm new and everything, but this is terrible. i'm so sorry.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

This is unbelieveable. Pushbutton was a real mentor to me as a newbie. I won't forget how generous he was with his time.

Life really is fleeting.

David
Harry

Post by Harry »

Jennifer - You and your family have my deepest sympathy at this hard time. Pushbutton was an essential part of this forum and it won't be the same without him.

Treasure his knife collection as much as he did, but more importantly, treasure your memories of your wonderful father,

In my thoughts and prayers,

Harry
I don't suffer from insanity - I ENJOY it!