Kershaw Leeks

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Greyblade,

I know the Kershaw torsion bar assist knives are great - I love my Blackout - but I have this strange bias, that if it doesn't have at least a 3" blade, it isn't a REAL knife. Now if they could stretch that Leek out a little bit..........................
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Hey... don't get sticky!
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Falcon,

The Leek has a 3" blade. I didn't bother with the Chive or the the other one (I forget what it's called - a senior moment) because of the stubby little "California legal" blades. The Leek is about as small as I like a knife to be. For the $$$, it's fantastic :!:

Greyblade
J-man

Post by J-man »

The scallion?
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Here in the U.K.the legal length for carry is 3", so I was damn happy when I received this little gem!It must be legal as you can buy them over here,but there is a thread on T.S.F. about them trying to change the law or the disscription of an automatic knife,at least in TEXAS!Knives that can be opened with a thumb stud can be openly bought over here in a shop not twenty five yards from where I live,but if they get their way they will clasiffy these too as automatic weapons.A knife is a tool that is sometimes used as a weapon,not a weapon that is sometimes used as a tool.In this modern society,where the hell would we be if we didn't have a sharp edge implement? :wink: Please forgive spelling as my delete button has just packed up on me.In fact it's a new keyboard tomorrow! :lol: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8) :wink: : n a
Last edited by the spotlight kid on Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Greyblade,

You are correct. PVK and OneStop both list 3" blades. Somebody on BA had them at 2 7/8". Kershaw needs to update their official website because they don't even have the Leek on their product list.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Have seen the rainbow Leek on BA, looks real cool, have to get myself one. It could make a great edc knife. A 3" blade makes a great pocket knife, without being too intimidating.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. The Falcon,

I'm with you. My EDC is a Blackout. I use it all the time. This Texas law interpretation is the sole opinion of one female DA who is obviously trying to stir some shit. I don't think it's going to fly. It probably would here in commie-land. I bought mine legally here at the local gunshop and paid 7-1/4% sales tax to boot.

Best Regard's,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

7-1/4% sales tax to boot.
Damn, I forgot to mention sales tax on my list.
[JUST KIDDING N.H. has no sales tax.]
If I forgot to send a list to anyone who wanted one [or the follow-up list] just do a private message or post and I'll get one to you.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

The commie bastards here in L.A. county charge 8.25% sales tax. That's why I buy as many things as possible in tax-free cyberspace. And my Skoal chew comes from Virginia so I beat the blood-sucking SOB's in Sacramento out of their tobacco tax too.
J-man

Post by J-man »

It's 15 percent sales tax in Ontario!
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

You just had to top me, J-man, didn't you?
J-man

Post by J-man »

Yes I did, actually I hate any kind of tax!

In Ontario theres GST (Goods and Services Tax) which is 8% and PST (Provincal Sales Tax) is 7%. For a total of 15% percent, Tobbaco has this tax plus a tobbaco tax which has gone up 2 bucks a pack (apporx 1.25 U.S.) plus a Provincal Tobbaco tax! Suprisingly depsite the Provincal Government's plan to make Hydro as expensive as possible by de-regulation, Stop Public Education & Health Care and make water as deadly as possible to drink... and lets not forget the Flu (mind Controlling) shots. Bozze here is the cheapest in the country due to a public store chain called the L.C.B.O no taxes at all expect for sales tax. If they ever privatize the L.C.B.O I'm going to declare war!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

WOW
And I call the state south of here "Taxachusetts" you have them beat!!!!
[I think they have a 8% or 9% sales tax].
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

I hadn't heard about the challenge to the Ken Onion Speed Safe's legal status here in Texas. I certainly do hope that it gets shot down quickly! I decided a while back to stop tempting fate by carrying autos, and my EDC is now a Kershaw Black Boa I got from PVK...as quick as an "illegal" auto, though I do miss the satisfaction of pushing a firing button or lever a little bit. The Boa's T-6 handle and 440V blade pushes the price up a fair amount...I think the Blackout is probably a better value, dollar-wise. I'm also in agreement with (most of) y'all about the knives with less than 3" blades not being very appealing...I'm sure a knife like the Woodard Pocket-Pro is every bit as high quality as my Fer de Lance, but the small blade size turns me off.