"Sissy girls and child's size, good knife"

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

"Sissy girls and child's size, good knife"

Post by J-man »

Hey all, I do make alot posts maybe I am always a stoned knife nut :roll: anyhow :roll: :roll:
Actually what I was wondering about is a good little auto for carry. I know about the kershaw ken onion folders (if you consider it an auto, which I don't). But I'm looking for a little blade (under 2 1/2" blade) just so if I need a little blade say to cut open some packing or boxes or tape or string etc. It's there and quick right now I'm considering The Kershaw Chive or Scallion, The Mignon 6" from Skm/AB or something silimar from F.lli Beltrame , A 5 1/2"/6 1/4" Stilleto from AB/SKM or F.lli Beltrame, (BTW: I'm looking for under $100 U.S.) and maybe the CA otf from protech, The S&W CA auto (I have to get from PVK), something under $100 from PVK (not cheap ones from knifezilla) anyhow I'm not looking at a 4" stilleto one I already have, And too bad Mikov doesn't make a smaller size (well according to what I've seen) I'd only take one of those if I was out camping or something other wise they'd be in my case or in my knife drawer. I think although I may get my first otf, strange my uncle has one, I play with say one of my friends or play with expenisve ones at knife shows, I don't have any otf's. But if you guys truly believe these are just noveltys It won't change my descion, all I need is an half decent blade so no cheap Jaguar Knives (WHY THE HECK did they take a luxury car company's name, sorry moderaters it gets me mad though) or crap like that. What I'm really asking is what would be the best for my little jobs I may need, I still like big knives I just need a little thing to carry that won't open in my pocket. Okay I think thats long enough, I think you get the picture. Time for a leak and a beer :P :idea: :!:
One more thing do any otf from skm/ab and/or F.lli Beltrame come with safteys? They seem to all have the same design.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

How about a Pirahna fingerling. I have seen those below 90. I don't own one, but have heard they are great. I bought an LUDT for 130 but the same place had the UDT (2.75"?) for $100. They are great knives. Hubertus makes their clip point leverlock that is a real nice little knife, maybe 3" blade Knifeshop under 100, but US right at $100. Boker Top Lock 2 has less than 3", not real heavy duty but nice size.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

IS this thursday night or what!F**king what! :P
heater

Post by heater »

I have two Benchmade knives a Mel Perdue model has a 3 inch blade and you can get it with a half serrated blade. Mine are very sturdy little knifes.
johnny blade

Post by johnny blade »

Hey J-man! I highly recommend one of the all metal OTF knives from SKM.For light duty tasks they are great and just plain fun to play with too! Yes I like my balis and side openers also but I am hooked on the gadget factor of the OTF.Always have been.Hell I'll probably ask to be burried with one in my suit pocket!
J-man

Post by J-man »

Hmmm... but I'm probably get a Mignon 6" too start. But those Enameled Black-L are tempting. But I usally start small make my way up. Say they have a mini-model for a knife, I'll get it first (unless it's one inch thingy).
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

J-man,
Talking about the Black-L, I recommend the no enamel, polished ones.
I have a Medium 8" Black-L and it looks awsome. It's polished aluminum. The enamel ones are ok, but if you ever drop it or put it in the same pocket as keys and coins, the enamel will get chipped and scratched.
I'd also recommend the double edged blade. I agree with Johnny Blade that the gadget factor makes these things addictive. I've always been suprised that they're not more popular.
Hey, what kinda beer you drink up there in the Great White North? Not that skunky moose piss do ya?

Lefty
J-man

Post by J-man »

The same as down there , Coors light, Bud, imported stuff. And Dosemestic stuff is Molson EX, Molson Candian, Labbat Blue (Most popluar domestic beer) and really beer from the U.S. is considred "imported" Nothing from the U.S. is considred imported and Molson is the only company who sells in the states and says it's "imported", but colt 45 Extra strong (10% instead of 8%) is my favorite . And yes the Enameled-L would probably scratch. But for now I'm going to get a Mignon 6" - Enameled Black, as said I'm going to start out small. Besides all I need it for is to cut boxes, tape, packging, (tape on boxes), string/thin rope. And maybe when I'm walking by some milk/juice cartons or plastic bottles I can push it out fast, stab it and bring back in one motion for fun :wink:
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Since my homebrew is not done fermenting I am quaffing a Pinkus Hefe-Weizen right now a really great wheat beer.Gonna follow that up with a Samuel Smith Pale ale and then some Sierra Nevada Stout. Typical Friday on the Hollow.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Hollowdweller,

Seems that you have an enviable living location and lifestyle. Years ago I spent a lot of time in some rural areas of your homestate enjoying some of what I perceived to be the finer things of life. However, there were no switchblades involved. Had I owned some switches, it would have been the proverbial "Almost Heaven"

I used to brew my own too, but children etc. pushed that out of my life 16 years ago.

Jim
vinithehat

knifeses!

Post by vinithehat »

SKM knives? is there a website?
J-man

Post by J-man »

Yeah, skm.to
Dan-o The Ritalin Kid

Post by Dan-o The Ritalin Kid »

Here is a link to AB http://www.switchblades.it
vinithehat

d'oh

Post by vinithehat »

i found them, i forgot theyre the same stuff as AB. bleh.

but i found a webpage : http://www.desmort.com/links.html
they have link to other knife dealers. Exploring is FUN!

w00t
vini
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

jim d, wrote:Hollowdweller,

I used to brew my own too, but children etc. pushed that out of my life 16 years ago.

Jim
Jim,

I don't get to brew near enough like I used to either. I don't have any 2 legged kids, but lots of 4 legged ones (goats). Make cheese too from the milk AND work full time.

Not a great selection of switches here, but quite a few at the gun shows and big flea mkt near here. What about down there? Any good knife shows?