dalton companion or benchmade 3550?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I think he was being sarcasitc *cough*the fag*cough*.. sorry for getting your hopes up JeerBear.. Not that I'm calling him gay, I think there is already a person here who is gay he runs around NUDE in the Gay Pride PAradE and it is mos' awfuly disgusting even to queers. :roll:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Gayblade,

Don't you think you're wearing the pink socks thing out, or are you just stuck on stUPid?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

JerrBear wrote:

"Don't you think you're wearing the pink socks thing out, or are you just stuck on stUPid?"

JerrBear,

It's you that has the pink socks, not me. Only you can wear them out. And do you mean to imply that there is some association between your pink socks and your "thing"? Again, wearing "things" out is up to you - get a grip! Regarding being "stuck on stUPid", I'm not the one making the date with J-man, you are. Are you sure you're not "stuck on" him? And don't call my buddy the J-man "stUPid" either. You've got quite a temper, don't you. :P

J-man,

Keep your back to the wall. I think JerrBear may be a hoser in the truest sense! If you meet up with him, just say, "Fres-no". :wink:

Greyblade
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Gayblade,

YEP! You're stuck on stUPid alright!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
J-man

Post by J-man »

I used those Captials as letters in a username, who I think is a fag.. but I'm stoned and only someone one Stoned would understand let alone think of it.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

JerrBear,

Yowee! Guess I touched a nerve! Then again, "Marathon Man" has always been one of my favorite dentist flicks. If your last posting is the best response you can muster, someone very near and dear to you may be the one truly stuck on stUPid. :roll:

Later, Pinkie,
Greyblade
J-man

Post by J-man »

I like that switch the rouge dectetive uses when he stages Dustin Hawkman's (I forget the name he was playing) rescue, it sort of looks like a S&W Police Issues but alot larger.
This is what I mean
http://216.71.158.68/webcat/S&WPoliceIssue.shtml
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I favor the legalization of everything. If drugs were legal it would drive the price down to the point no-one would haveto mug you [or try to mug you] to get their next fix. Cocaine cost a hospital $30 an ounce how many muggings would it take to get an ounce? Since it's illegal it cost over $100
a gram on the street, and a SERIOUS user could do 2 grams in a night. That means lots more muggings, purse snatchings etc. Besides a $30 an ounce many would overdose and remove themselves from the gene pool,
then they wouldn't mug anyone.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

3550 vs Companion
I don't have a Companion to compare to my 3550 [bad dealer go to your room]. But the 3550 is not comfortable to do lots of cutting with. Slash and thrust sure, but dress-out a deer, no way would you enjoy it the thin handles have sharp edges that become uncomfortable after about 1-3 minutes of heavy cutting. The Godfather is smoother but cost more.
The Benchmade 3200 is very comfortable and maybe a little cheaper than the 3550 and . The Microtech Mini Socom is also nice
[and I don't have any in stock] so I'm not pushing just the ones I have.
Tiny and RayJay [on bladeauction] both have Companions and are both great people to deal with.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. JerrBeer,
Mr. GreyBlade,

Zound's! My, My! I need to enlist you two for my upcoming wrist-rocket miniature marshmallow fight. Excessive build-up of saliva laden marshmallows topped off with a flat black enamel spray paint jobbie may enlighten thee for the 'Mole-People' look alike contest. Top prize is a night with Wally's girlfriend, 'Blow-Up Betty' complete with Herr Schultz pre-lube job. As grand Marshall of event's, I am forbidden to compete, but I can administer paint job. What say?

Best Regard's,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
J-man

Post by J-man »

Vagrant, there are some people who just mug for fun. But most of them do it is because they need there fix, I wouldn't do anything heavy. But if they made everything legal, there would be so much revenue and since there is no need for police squads just made for drug busts it would make Income Taxes pointless, but who said they'd stop.

10 years ago the U.S. government poored almost a billon dollars (929 Million) into D.A.R.E and the Orginization "Partener Ship for a drug-free America". The programs are aimed at youth and Teens which actually had the lowest drug use on record and within those ten years drug usage among teens/youth has actually went up, it actually glamorized it. Maybe some of you older people on the forum rember when the switchblade ban down there started up, it became cool to have a switch because it's like forbidden fruit. After that it seemed cool because there illegal, and there like forbidden fruit. Well I think it's the same with drugs today (although Crack is alot more dangerous then a knife) and that "Forbidden" factor makes it appealing. Anything that is forbidden is appealing, or atleast catches your attetion. So the more they talk about it, or say don't do it the more you want too. I'm just assuming anything thats forbidden no matter what era it is is appealing, although to a kid these days EVERYTHING is forbidden. Hope that made sense.

Back on to topic I'd take the BM for general use. The Companion is more expensive and too pretty for heavy use. Now I'm tired I've just thinked too much.. I'm sick of anything that if you have to think on a long weekend.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Vagrant,

The Companion is not an everyday work knife either, unless you're a show-off. It's a latter-day stiletto, but with a wider blade made outr of better steel. It's a conversation piece, not a worker, much like the Godfather. BTW, have you forced yourself to put your own Godfather down yet?

Bonz,

I'm in! I'll bet our ole pal JerrBear is up for it (!) too once he gets his pink crotchless U-trou unbunched.

JerrBear,

The comment above notwithstanding, what say we declare a truce? I'll abstain from inflamatory remarks about your unmentionables and we can both go back to trashing Patmygroin, or what ever his name is. Deal?

Greyblade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

My "own Godfather" is one from my showcase so I haven't enjoyed it like I could. It did do a hell of a job cutting stuff for supper the other night, so
it might make an o.k. [light] work knife. I was impressed.