mikovs?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
patnude

mikovs?

Post by patnude »

:? how do you guys like the mikovs?are they durable?built to last?i am thinking of buying one or two.just wondering what owners think of them.
iloveautos
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Can't speak for the rest of the community, but i love mine...Have a few of stock Mikovs in horn, stag and abs and a couple of customs from Nemo. In my opinion these are great and solid knives with sharp blades and nice kick in the spring. The only draw back is that the lever on the stock Mikovs has to be worked, so that a person with large hands can get his thumb under the lever to fire it. Have bent mine a bit and re-shaped the dimple on the handle for easier firing...
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Great knives, I have long thumb nails so I can get under the lever easily.
These are very right-handed knives unlike Italian and German LLs which are very easy for Correct-handed people to work. If you want a Mikov and are not right-handed see if Tanto can find a Corect-handed [Left-handed] one for you.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

A lefty??...I didn't know they made those.;0)....Nemo
http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=642313
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!
patnude

MIKOVS?

Post by patnude »

:? ARE THE ABS PRETTY COOL?THINKING OF GETTING A "WOODY" (NOT LIKE THAT!)AND AN ABS FROM TINY.I FIGURE THE WOODY CAN STAY IN THE SAFE,AND I CAN "PLAY" WITH THE ABS.
iloveautos
Zack

Post by Zack »

My ABS multi is solid, quick, and sharp. It has a nice, heavy feel and locks up tight as hell.

I have a few Woody single blades and like them so much I'm gonna order a multi probably tomorrow night.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I think Mikov's are great for the $$. Easy to sharpen. Badass looking blade, but suprisingly utilitarian. My plastic handled one cost the least, and probably has the best fit, finish and action of all the ones I own except for the Nemo custom camper model I have.
Well worth the money. The only problems I have encountered is on some you will occasionally get a bounce back on the blade. I assume because the spring is so strong. Only thing I would improve on them is I wish the blade had a sharper point.

You should get you one, or five. :D
patnude

Post by patnude »

:D got one on the way,and im gonna order at least one more!thanks for the input!now if i could only get my boss to give me an expense account for them.
iloveautos
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Mikovs remain one of my favorite auto knives, and I think you'll be pleased with yours when it arrives. You can tell they aren't assembled with the same Quality Control as American autos, though...the snap and lock-up on them varies from acceptable to excellent. I haven't gotten one yet I'd rate as 'poor'. They do make a good everyday user knife. I consider stock Mikovs a good value, and they make a good choice for customizing.
patnude

mikovs

Post by patnude »

blade runner,what do you think of bokers?this will help judge how i will like my mikov,as i recently baught a boker,and it is A TOTAL PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it is just like all other german engineering.loose,shabby,a TOTAL lack of detail.the spring broke after about ten open and closes.the lock up is more like a wobble up.just like those thing they call cars.junk!!!!!!!!!!!
iloveautos
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Can't speak for BladeRunner, but i have a couple of Bokers Toplocks I and II. Never had any problems with them, solid knives for the price and sharp to boot. As for the coil breaking after 10 opens, thats shitty, maybe just a defective coil. I've had mine for a year or so and love the Toplock II for an everyday carry...
Just received a couple of Boker clones and on the these the blade does not lock up at times, but nothing a little dremel work could not fix.
Maybe the Boker you bought was a clone and not the real thing, just a thought.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

I have a couple of Boker Top Locks, and both seem solid and well made, even though they were made in Boker's Argentina facility rather than Germany. Both of mine also came with warranties, so if yours did you should be able to contact Boker for free replacement or repair.
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr Nude guy!Ever heard of Hubertus switchblades?Among the best ever made.Top of the range Mercedes?Fucking good cars!!!I'm no German,I'm Fucking English,but I still know quality when I see it,DO YOU?If YOU ain't tried it,don't knock it.Sweeping statments are easy to make when you don't know what you are talking about!Don't judge a whole country cause of one faulty knife!Send it back,get a life!Mikovs are great little knives,but you'll probably get a shit one! :lol: The spotlight kid
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Mr. Nude,

The mikov is an excellent knife and I think you'll like it when you get it. Mr. Spotlight is right though...the top levers come from Germany. Hubertus blades are so finely made. Check one out.