PVK prices

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Plasma1

Post by Plasma1 »

I've had nothing but good luck with PVK,Josh has always been a stand up guy with me.I ordered a knife on sunday and it was at my door before noon on wednesday.As for the slow contact he may be busy with BA,I personaly have never had any problems.
Mike
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

I do not think that you can do better than ordering from PVK. Customer service is outstanding. I look upon their slightly higher prices as insurance that I will get what I ordered even if problems arise. I had a situation where a knife that I ordered (Paragon X-Olite) was "lost" in transit by UPS - it apparently "fell out of the box while in transit". Can you imagine that? One e-mail to Josh and a second knife was in my hands in 36 hours, no questions asked. That's service. I only wish that PVK used some other carrier than UPS.

Greyblade
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

retrax,

I'm a little surprised PVK screwed up and sent you the wrong knife. But ya know, sometimes shit happens, despite all our best efforts. I'd be even more surprised if PVK doesn't do everything possible to remedy the error to your satisfaction.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

I'm also surprised of a mistake like that from PVK. I have been dealing with Josh for a few years now and never was disappointed. Packages are always well wraped as not to damage the contents and at times he has thrown in a few sheaths for the knives at no extra cost..
The prices are slightly higher, but i don't mind paying for great service and knowing i will receive the knives, in one peice, even here in Canada.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
retrax

Post by retrax »

Last Wednesday I was finally able to get through to PVK. I only had to spend about three minutes on the phone to get my problem straightened out and today I have the proper knife in my hands. Overall, I am satisfied with PVK and will do business with them again due to the fact that they came through in the end. I do remain a little disappointed however. :|
Over the past three weeks, I have sent one letter through U.S. Mail with no response, made ten phone calls(nobody ever answered the phone), left three messages (none of which were returned), sent e-mails (none were responded to), and was finally ready to send a fax when I made one last telephone attempt and BEHOLD!!! The telephone was answered by a human and the problem was quickly corrected! Three business days later, I have the correct knife that I had ordered on 09-21-02.

The guy I spoke with on the telephone was polite and merely said that they have been "busy" and that my exchange (a $235.00 knife sent in on 9-25) was probably still sitting on a table somewhere in the store. Long story short, I will continue to purchase throuh PVK in the future but am somewhat turned off by customer service that is greatly lacking. Hopefully this incident was a rare one... -Retrax
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

That problem was a very rare one indeed. This just proves PVK will get the knife to you in the end..
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

On 10/2 I won and paid PVK for a Mini X-Olite manual action on Blade Auction. I have not received it or another knife that were supposed to be shipped together. Last night I saw that PVK had the same (I presume since I've never seen them anywhere else) knives back on BA. I shot off emails immediately and am awaiting a reply. I think Josh may be a victim of his own success and temporarily overwhelmed by the volume of his orders.

The Falcon
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

Falcon,

I've had the same impression: namely, that PVK is under-staffed, which causes delays. I can only say, "be patient"...PVK always comes through...always. PVK is NOT a shoddy, shade-tree, moon-light operation. But I DO get the feeling maybe they should hire on some more help. Maybe they've been successful beyond what they'd anticipated, and are experiencing a "crunch" in terms of service. Which is pretty much what you said, stated a little differently...hrm, maybe I should become a professional plagiarist.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Josh replied to my email, acknowledged the problem and made everything more than right. I am another PVK satisfied customer.

The Falcon
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

The Falcon,

That's good to hear. Many folk here swear by Josh, and while my own experience with him is limited (only a few orders from PVK), he has the reputation of being a man who'll go out of his way to ensure customer satisfaction. The thing I like most about PVK is the sheer selection...I don't know of another purveyor of auto-knives that offers such a wide choice. That's not to slight other carriers of switches (always check Tiny first for the best price!), but I've never seen anyone else carry such a grab-bag of every kind of auto you could think of.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Blade Runner,

You are certainly correct as far as American autos go. However , the PVK selection of European autos is both very limited and VERY high priced. I think the PVK niche is American knives.

Jim