due buoi

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
porkchop

due buoi

Post by porkchop »

does anyone know how to find Due Buoi switches for sale?
Killgar

Re: due buoi

Post by Killgar »

First, you have to find a four leaf clover. Then, you have to spot a falling star and make a wish. Then, you have to catch a Leprechaun and put him in a headlock...

In other words, you have to get REALLY lucky :D . It's very rare that Due Buoi knives show up for sale.

But seriously, keep an eye out at Arizona Customs. They don't come up for sale often (the last Du Buoi stilettos that were posted for sale there were back in 2021), but like I said, you might get lucky. You never know when someone might need cash and look to sell one.

Good luck.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
john

Post by john »

You can try searching this forum for Due Buoi knives and the pm the collector.
Good luck 🍀
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Have you held one ? I had two and let them go because they’re just made weird.. blades are too light for the handles, etc
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

Yes, I have one and it has the best fit and finish I"ve ever seen. quirky safety though.
/Users/jimwatson/Desktop/IMG_4928.jpeg
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

/Users/jimwatson/Desktop/IMG_4927.jpeg
/Users/jimwatson/Desktop/IMG_4928.jpeg
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Hi Porkchop. I have one of the Italian pattern switches. It has dark horn scales. The blade is etched Due Buoi Italy 2 of 15 2006. I think it was a forum knife. It's a good quality knife but I never liked it because the button is difficult to push and the safety is stiff too.

Cooincidentally, I've been photographing my collection, such as it is, for the "How often do you look at your knife collection?" thread. The Due Buoi is in the next group of knives I'm photographing, and I'll put the photo here too if you are interested. It might take me a day or two.

I looked for comparable sales and found one on the internet. Same knife, different series number (43 of 200 2007). Here's a link; https://applevalleyknives.com/products/ ... witchblade
My knife has a different blade grind, like a Leverletto. I think it's called a swedge type blade.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom,

Your Due Buoi is a first run model. I have 11 of 15. Here on TalkBlade we organized the purchase, through Michele I believe, so it is sort of a forum knife although not etched as such.

Jim
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

Thanks Jim.

I have a couple others which I can't remember; a Godfather with dark horn scales, polished blade, etched "Classic Godfather #03 of 10" on the frame back side. Also there's a Mikov in the collection I don't remember even buying. It has dark horn scales, filework, and the blade is etched "Brotherhood of Blades", and has "021" stamped on the back of the blade.

Ring any bells?

Tom
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom - I can explain both.

The Godfather is the "Godfather for stiletto collectors". It was sort of a forum knife, like the Due Buoi. We did it in the 2007 - 8 timeframe. Take a look at my comment in the Brazilian horn thread from a couple of days ago.

Likewise with the Mikov, sort of a forum knife that we did through Tanto (David) from about the same time period.

Jim.
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

Mine is stamped "17 of 200. 2007
IMG_4927.jpeg
IMG_4927.jpeg (275.36 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
Attachments
IMG_4927.jpeg
IMG_4927.jpeg (275.25 KiB) Viewed 2045 times
IMG_4927.jpeg
IMG_4927.jpeg
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

­Doe Buoi-1-1.jpg
­Doe Buoi-1-1.jpg (868.69 KiB) Viewed 2029 times
Here's a photo of the knife, Porkchop.

Tom
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

jim d, wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:29 pm Tom - I can explain both.

The Godfather is the "Godfather for stiletto collectors". It was sort of a forum knife, like the Due Buoi. We did it in the 2007 - 8 timeframe. Take a look at my comment in the Brazilian horn thread from a couple of days ago.

Likewise with the Mikov, sort of a forum knife that we did through Tanto (David) from about the same time period.

Jim.
Thanks a lot Jim. I envy your good memory.

Tom
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

that's a beauty, Tom.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

due buois.jpg
due buois.jpg (97.43 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
These are the Due Buoi I have. One model was advertised as a "cheaper Classic". They brought many of these to Blade. I had to try 6 or so before I found one that functioned.