How many times a week you give your collection a look?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Blitz

How many times a week you give your collection a look?

Post by Blitz »

Hi people,

I was wondering how many times a week you take a look at your collection and opening some of your friends (knives) =)

Me, i think that i give it a look 3 to 4 times a week. Just holding some knives in my hand and looking at it. Depending on which knife i take out from the collection, i love to firing it couple of times, just for the joy. Most of the time i dont want even to fire it open to minimize wear but cant hold myself of doing it :oops:
sammy the blade

Re: How many times a week you give your collection a look?

Post by sammy the blade »

Not much anymore, I know what I have and have fondled them more than a stripper giving me a lap dance.
2024 candidate for president
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

sammy the blade wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:44 pm Not much anymore, I know what I have and have fondled them more than a stripper giving me a lap dance.
:lol:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Since I never openly displayed knives in my house most of them are tucked away out of sight. I was never much of a knife flicker, only occasionally to check if they still work.

I went through most of the collection this weekend mostly looking for ones I should get rid of. I feel I'm at the point of my life when I should be down sizing more than aquiring. Yeah, I'm boring.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

I keep both of my shell pullers in my truck and mess with them on the way to and from work. I have a couple of my Milano guardian clones that i keep in a pocket of my soft sided lunchbox and carry one or the other around at work and open packages or boxes with it instead of my folding utility knife.
boots

Post by boots »

I have most of my collection in the living room under glass, so I see them every day. Every week I have a guest knife at my computer desk for "Flickin while Clickin". :) This week it's a 9" Frank B 2023 LE Honey Horn picklock, missing the woodies I sold last week!

jim d,

Post by jim d, »

"Flickin while Clickin" :D :D I do sort of the same thing. Typically I have 1 - 3 from my collection on my desk at any time and rotate every few days or so. I have been working from home since the start of the pandemic so I spend a good bit of time at my desk.

Right now my desk is adorned with a ProTech Godson tuxedo and an 11in Frank B dark horn picklock. Today, during someone's lengthy monologue on a call I picked up the godson and fired it. They open with such a loud snap that I'm sure the others on the call heard it :D

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I have far too many and have not seen some in months or longer....I agree with Terry as I am thinking of selling off several of them for someone else to enjoy. I have a small group that is locked up but easier to get too then the rest that I look at more often. I carry a manual opener mostly as I can only carry a switch while fishing or hunting legally here in NY.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

My wife owns some really high dollar protechs that we keep in a safe. I own many vintage knives that I usually never bother. We have quite a few current products that our son has to check out every once in a while.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Allen,

In your case I suspect the accurate verbiage might be ... how many weeks would it take to give your collection a look... :D

Jim
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

jim d, wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:02 pm Allen,

In your case I suspect the accurate verbiage might be ... how many weeks would it take to give your collection a look... :D

Jim
:lol:
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Collection is too big, it would take a week to unwrap half of them.

Back when we had an 8ft slate pool table,
I would lay this tan padded quilt that would cover the whole table.
I would lay a goodly portion out, every time I bought a new knife.

Rare stuff is wiped clean and in baggies.
A shoebox of lever actions, another box of OTF's. . etc.
a box of 13's. . a box of 11's. . a box of Rizzuto's. . . a box of K12-AL's. . .
On a shelf, behind paintings my brother makes.

So it's not like I can access the whole collection, even if I was at home.

I have a big 13inch stag limited edition Campolin flatguard 2002 ? . . . . .2010 ?. . . .
stored in the side pocket in my Lazy-Boy recliner, next to my 1935 Sig Sauer 32 auto.
It's not really flick therapy.. . .I just like having it on hand to show visitors.
I have a 9inch plastic scale tilt bolster for flick therapy.

I have my one and only 11inch flat guard, that i keep with my bank savings bonds.
I look at that once a month.
And I have a busted 0inch Latama. . . It's a popper. . . stays closed only if safety is engaged. .
It sits in a Harry Potter Hogwarts souvenir coffee cup with a bunch of pens.
I use it as a photograph size reference.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

mine are here and there, but most are in my office in the back of the Bunker, a few are upstairs, and some in the garage, and one Swiss army knife in my left pocket and a lever lock in my right, at all times.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

I have a little table next to the chair I sit in when watching tv. I keep whatever my favorite switchblade is at any given time sitting on that table so I can pick it up and fire it a few times when watching tv, so maybe I fire it a few times a day.

For most of my life I didn't own any switchblades (living in California), so for me firing a switchblade isn't just fun, it's a celebration of finally owning something I always wanted and couldn't get.

All of my favorite switchblades are my Ti-Lite conversions, and fondling/firing them is another act of celebration because they are my own work and an automatic Ti-Lite is something I wanted for a long time. And they fire hard, which is very satisfying.

Oddly enough my favorite seems to be the one below. I say oddly because it started out as a reject. I was making it to sell but the blade didn't sit deep enough in the handle when closed to meet my standards for selling a knife. So I used it for experimentation- I wondered how I might like a Ti-Lite conversion with the guards removed, so I ground them off, and instead of using a standard Italian ball button I experimented with making a textured button as I prefer a button with a grippy surface.

After awhile I noticed I was firing this knife more than any others. Clearly there was something drawing me to it. So I guess for now it's my favorite :D .

Although the tip is well below the edge of the liners, I require that the blade sits deeper than this on Ti-Lite conversion I sell.

Last edited by Killgar on Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
boots

Post by boots »

Right now my desk is adorned with a ProTech Godson tuxedo and an 11in Frank B dark horn picklock. Today, during someone's lengthy monologue on a call I picked up the godson and fired it. They open with such a loud snap that I'm sure the others on the call heard it :D

Jim

I have a little table next to the chair I sit in when watching tv. I keep whatever my favorite switchblade is at any given time sitting on that table so I can pick it up and fire it a few times when watching tv, so maybe I fire it a few times a day.

For most of my life I didn't own any switchblades (living in California), so for me firing a switchblade isn't just fun, it's a celebration of finally owning something I always wanted.

All of my favorite switchblades are my Ti-Lite conversions, and fondling/firing them is another act of celebration because they are my own work and an automatic Ti-Lite is something I wanted them for a long time. And they fire hard, which is very satisfying.

Oddly enough my favorite seems to be the one below. I say oddly because it started out as a reject. I was making it to sell but the blade didn't sit deep enough in the handle when closed to meet my standards for selling a knife. So I used it for experimentation- I wondered how I might like a Ti-Lite conversion with the guards removed, and instead of using a standard Italian ball button I experimented with making a textured button as I prefer a button with a grippy surface.

After awhile I noticed I was firing this knife more than any others. Clearly there was something drawing me to it. So I guess for now it's my favorite :D .

Whew! thought I was the only one, I was starting to feel like a freak!