I'm not sure I know this name

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

I'm not sure I know this name

Post by missaman »

J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

It's eGay, why buy autos over it at all?
NoneOfTheAbove
Location: It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Hubec Humphrey?

Post by NoneOfTheAbove »

Some autos are sold there that are not listed elsewhere?

The guy has a rather poor feedback percentage, doesn't he? "Alas, poor Hubec, I knew him not-so-well."
NSC 5412
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Hubec Humphrey?

Post by Vagrant »

NoneOfTheAbove wrote:Some autos are sold there that are not listed elsewhere?

The guy has a rather poor feedback percentage, doesn't he? "Alas, poor Hubec, I knew him not-so-well."
The "exotic orient" :roll: must have problems with the "R" in Hubertus :evil: I'll bet there are Krauts just foaming at the mouth and looking for that MP-38 that Großvater* buried behind the house :!: The "filework" sucketh :roll:
*Großvater - Grandfather, nonno, grand-père, el abuelo
[Razor my translater says Avô for Portuguese but if I back translate it says Grandmother :? ] I knew Großvater but had to get the translater and copy it since my keyboard doesn't do the German "ß" pronounced ess-zett [as a letter] pronounced as [roughly] a double s in a word.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Vagrant wrote:Razor my translater says Avô for Portuguese but if I back translate it says Grandmother
Depending on on how the last vowel is pronounced it can mean both Grandfather or Grandmother.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

That is a genuine 12cm white micarta Hubertus with factory filework. The "r" is sometimes mistaken for a "c" by the unknowing.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor_54 wrote:
Vagrant wrote:Razor my translater says Avô for Portuguese but if I back translate it says Grandmother
Depending on on how the last vowel is pronounced it can mean both Grandfather or Grandmother.
Thanks, I'm sure at work tonight I can find out the Barzilian pronounciation. I've worked with LOTS of Brazilians, One person from Portugal, and one from the Azores. So I'm far more likely to use the Brazilian pronouciation if I need to in the future, [if there's any difference].
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Not much of a differnce between Barzilian and Portuguese pronounciation, just a different dialect. Funny you mention the Azores, i was born on the island of Pico.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Razor_54 wrote:Not much of a differnce between Barzilian and Portuguese pronounciation, just a different dialect. Funny you mention the Azores, i was born on the island of Pico.
The Lady I worked with never said which Island, she just said "The Islands". None of the really bi-lingual people were at work tonight. My Girlfriend and I were the only ones there that spoke English to any degree. Except for the new supervisor [who is a classic case of "promoted to a$$hole"] :roll: He is a good translator but has changed so MUCH I try to avoid talking to him anymore :( [He used to be a great guy, but I USED to be young :wink: ]