Detail pics of my Rizzy's

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

Detail pics of my Rizzy's

Post by Twobit »

IMG_20231116_054232379.jpg
IMG_20231116_054232379.jpg (322.97 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
IMG_20231116_054215521.jpg
IMG_20231116_054215521.jpg (597.76 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
[
Attachments
IMG_20231116_054139298.jpg
IMG_20231116_054139298.jpg (624.58 KiB) Viewed 3098 times
IMG_20231116_054232379.jpg
IMG_20231116_054232379.jpg (322.97 KiB) Viewed 3110 times
gravknife

Re: Detail pics of my Rizzy's

Post by gravknife »

Much better pics Twobit thanks .

I'd keep hold of them both .,hard to replace nowadays ,and a broken safety is easier to live with than blade peak which is common on these .

If you ever want to look into repairing the safeties ,Jimbrown257 knows these rizzys inside out ,his name is Jeremy but havnt seen him here in a while .

Ian
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Thanks Ian. I'm looking to get ahold of an AKC shell puller with the flat grind spear point blade and was hoping to get the cash by culling these from my collection or by means of trade. I'm gravitating more towards higher quality rather than novelty/collectable blades. The AKC's are out of stock anywhere I found that actually sells them except some European site, maybe their own (?), selling them for almost 300 euros. IDK how much that is in USD but I'm pretty sure it's a lot more than the sold out US sites who have $80 or so on them. Found a site having a "flash sale" on them- and in stock to boot, but I think it's probably a scam. New site with no information or reviews and too good to be true. So there it is.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Removed post ,posted same twice :oops:
Last edited by gravknife on Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

I see Twobit

If your looking for shellpullers at that price which is steep ,why not hang fire and keep an eye on the for sale forum and go for a German Springer shellpuller ,an older one you can be sure of what it is ,and built like a tank .
They are really fine quality but im unsure of the price they go for nowadays .
They are what brought me here 9 years ago ,I finally got a few after waiting and they were quite reasonable .
Take a look on french ebay ,German ebay and have a look ,they pop up now and again .

Don't get the bug too bad ,it plays havoc with your bank and murders with the wife .

Good luck in whatever you decide
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Ian, I know what you mean about the effects on the bank account and the wife lol
I also have the firearms bug, the sword bug and pretty much any kind of lethal object bug. Thanks to Mario I only just learned what I have and I'd expect some reasonable boot on a trade for an AKC. I know the Hubertus pullers are tough and well built but I don't think I can justify that kind of coin for something that doesn't go bang. I like the AKC offering just fine. I have a Chinese copy of a AKC lever lock swing guard and it really impresses.If the AKC is better than that then I'll be happy. Appreciate your comments. Luke
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Totally understood mate

,buy what you are comfortable with ,never had an AKC but looked at them when I first started and I like the shape and looks of them .
If I could buy guns in England i would be divorced long ago :)

I sold all mine ,they were black powder Civil war pistols,Savages ,colts,remingtons,Allen and wheelock etc and many carbines when my children started needing things constantly ,miss every one of them.

Let us know when you get your knife would like to see it
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Ian, my sympathies for your absent guns. I will certainly update when I get my prize. Cheers, mate! Luke
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Your "Medici" auto is Italian, and much better quality than the other 2 Japanese knives.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Yes, Mr. DeShivs, I'm very aware of that fact. It probably outweighs at least the Bird Head and maybe even the 11". Much better fit, finish, stainless and brass instead of tin, organic wood instead of resin or maybe even just plain old plastic. The amount of force required to push the go button almost eliminates the need for a safety -almost. You don't know me but I remember seeing your work and your name all over Blade Auction when I was haunting that site - right after I purchased that medici. Talking late 2002- early 2003. I bought a really nice Jndiana 9" swinger in Buffalo horn on a defect auction. Honored to meet you. Luke
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thank you. Same here!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.