Chinese doing shot shell pullers now?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mario

Chinese doing shot shell pullers now?

Post by Mario »

Found these on Perry Knifeworks.

https://www.perryknifeworks.com/item--m ... -5-polish/

It says it’s “Milano Italian-Style” and they’re $19.99 so they’re obviously not Italian. Shell pullers have become rather elusive in recent years. It’s nice to see them become available again in affordable versions, but they’re from China, so I know some will be against it no matter what.
Jackalope

Re: Chinese doing shot shell pullers now?

Post by Jackalope »

Yep
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Those look like shit!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

They are very low end knives, but Perry clearly says they are from China. There have been some REAL Italian shell pullers listed the last month on the FB pages.
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

I just had one last week, fit-finish-operation-workmanship was a good as any legit Italian I've had. I was truly surprised and pleased at the same time. I might add that the Guardian Copy is equally as nice.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I disagree. I have one of the non-puller lever locks. They are as cheap as can be.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

I have one of the earlier chinese shellpullers falsely marked G.O.M .
It was when I was first starting out and finding it difficult to source a shellpuller of any kind .
To be honest its held up quite well ,still fires well and is incredibly sharp ,it was cheap as chips but when I got my first German the difference was soon glaringly apparent .
Attachments
20231219_230617.jpg
20231219_230617.jpg (792.26 KiB) Viewed 3559 times
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Ian, I noticed that same gap in quality between my Chinese made guardian clones and the AKC shell puller. It's mostly in the lever. The Chinese ones will flip to the firing position effortlessly while the AKC's is quite stiff and no chance of an accidental firing in the pocket. Of the ones I've seen with the clip point blade I like the look of your specimen best. I'm still stuck on the drop point, though.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The knives that Perry Knifeworks is selling have thin, hollow bolsters; a round wire spring; bolsters are not soldered or attached to the liners and they move: knife is thick and also loose.