AKC-Leverlock spring replacement?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
vitob117

AKC-Leverlock spring replacement?

Post by vitob117 »

Have this everyday-use AKC lever-lock that has broken its spring.
I got this off the Knife Shop site, I believe, and so far they are radio-silent as far as trying to acquire new springs.

Does anyone have a source for these springs?
lever lock.jpg
lever lock.jpg (302.95 KiB) Viewed 2852 times
Killgar

Re: AKC-Leverlock spring replacement?

Post by Killgar »

As someone who has sought to purchase springs for Italian knives in the past, and has done extensive online searching on the subject, I have never found or heard of anyone who has ever been able to acquire a spring for an Italian knife from Italy (with the exception of the AGA Campolin Zero and Zero+, springs made by Mikov).

I have also never seen or heard of anyone receiving any kind of repair work from Italy. There is no mention of repair services on the AGA Campolin website, the AKC website, or the Campolin store website.

If you are in the US, I think your best bet is to get Bill DeShivs to re-build the knife with a new spring (he makes springs), if he would accept the job. You could ask him about it in his sub-forum or contact him through his website billdeshivs.com. It might cost you more than the knife did, but that's between you and Bill, and whether you think it's worth it.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
vitob117

Post by vitob117 »

I'm in the USA.
Hell, I could probably have a machinist just tool me some high carbon steel to make the spring.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The kick spring and back spring are one piece on that. Bill D has a way of fitting in a kick spring without machining the entire piece. Probably the cheapest route unless you have a friend who wants to machine and heat treat the entire part.
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

Find yourself one of the China copies of this knife, $25-35 and use it as a transplant donor.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The Chinese copies don't use the same type of spring.
It won't work.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.