Knife display

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Graybeard

Knife display

Post by Graybeard »

I know this is probably in this forum somewhere but what your guys recommendation on displaying knifes? I’ve looked at a lot of cases online there some really nice ones but I also think about if someone breaks into my house they could smash and grab. I have a nice gun safe but it would be nice to be able to display them too. Any thoughts? Thanks
VinnyLou65

Re: Knife display

Post by VinnyLou65 »

Hey man what’s up?! So I actually found my first display case at an antique store when I was around 10 years old. It was a like a square 3x2 wooden case, with a glass window lid, on four wooden legs. I bought it around 1974-75, and it supported my growing collection for years. It was funny, how I ended up buying it too; one Saturday morning I was riding my Schwinn bike down to the business area of my old neighborhood on Harlem ave in Chicago, to scout the antique shops, pawn shops and Army surplus stores, and my first stop was the antique shop. Some little old Greek lady owned it, but then I immediately jumped at buying it for $8. She looked at me crooked when she learned I was alone and asked me how I would get it home, my reply was, “oh yeah, good question.” So I raced back home to see if my mom would drive me, but she wasn’t home so I walked the mile and a half back to the store and carried it all the way home. As i’m sweating my little ass off walking down the alley approaching our garage where my dad had just gotten home, he asked me what I’d bought. When I told him of my ordeal he said, “you dumb jerk, why didn’t you bring your old radio flyer down dere’ Wichita’?!” That was when I realized that I wasn’t the brightest bulb.😂 Anyways, hope this helps man, I wish that I still had it. I’m sure you won’t have any trouble finding something similar though, good luck!
sammy the blade

Re: Knife display

Post by sammy the blade »

Good story Vinny! When we're kids we just don't think things through but you got it home and that's what counts.
2024 candidate for president