Where to look for OTF

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
LGustin

Where to look for OTF

Post by LGustin »

I’m looking for a Microtech OTF or something of similar quality. Where is the best place to shop for them? I find a few places that carry them but they are either out of stock or more $$ than I really want to pay. I want the blade to be a non serrated double edge dagger. What are other brands to look at that would be comparable in quality to a Microtech? Thanks for any help.
sammy the blade

Re: Where to look for OTF

Post by sammy the blade »

Blade ops or blade HQ has them, both are good to shop for automatic knives. Done business with both of them. Microtec knives are expensive!
2024 candidate for president
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

American Edge and Hollow Grind are two others.
Heretic knives are comparable with Microtech and pretty similar in price. TJ, the owner of Heretic, is the son of Tony Marfione, the owner of Microtech. I would prefer to deal with TJ, a really nice guy.
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

Great sites, thanks for the help.

How do the Guardian Tactical knives compare in quality to the Microtech/Heretic? I know you get what you pay for and the Guardians aren’t exactly cheap but they are more affordable than the others.
sammy the blade

If you don't want to spend a bunch of money the Lightning's are pretty decent, under 50 bucks. I have a couple I've had for years and they are still ticking like a Timex watch. A little on the heavy side but great for click therapy on the cheap. Still have an old Toumb Raider in a box somewhere. I'd like to have a high end otf but don't want to shell out the money when I could buy a nice pistol for the same price.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I have one guardian tactical and it's a very tight solid knife. They have gotten better since I bought mine 6-7 years ago. You won't be disappointed with one.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

LGustin wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 am I’m looking for a Microtech OTF or something of similar quality. Where is the best place to shop for them? I find a few places that carry them but they are either out of stock or more $$ than I really want to pay. I want the blade to be a non serrated double edge dagger. What are other brands to look at that would be comparable in quality to a Microtech? Thanks for any help.
Nothing better than Microtech for the price.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

BladeForum is chock full of Microtech, ProTech and Benchmade auto knives for sale.

https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/for- ... idual.759/

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

There are lots of ads over there. I guess I need to sign up on that forum too. Thanks for the heads up.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I recommend the Microtech UTX-85. It's the perfect size for EDC although I also like the UTX-70 which is a great little "office knife." I've thought about getting a Kershaw Livewire, but just can't justify it right now.
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

I have looked at both of the UTX’s. I have the full size already and will probably in time pick up the others eventually. I ordered the Guardian Tactical Recon 35, it should be here Monday. Now
I am on the look out for ram handled Damascus blade stiletto to add to my collection.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

sex heretic.jpg
sex heretic.jpg (87.18 KiB) Viewed 3571 times
Heretic's S.E.X. (small, medium, large is nice.
sammy the blade

Sexy!
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

Very cool fastr19. I like all switchblades but OTF’s are next level cool. Stilettos are sexy, side slingers are freaking cool and OTF are just sick.