Facebook Switchblade ads

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whitehorn

Facebook Switchblade ads

Post by whitehorn »

Anyone else seeing a lot of switchblade ads on facebook?
Stay Golden
JulesVane

Re: Facebook Switchblade ads

Post by JulesVane »

...Not necessarily seeing ads, but that place is full of groups that deal with and discuss switchblades. More than I could have ever imagined. (Whether that be good or bad.)

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I see ads for Chinese crap switchblades all the time. I actually try to report them.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

As Bill said, I see the China made junk all the time in my feed. Chris is correct that there are a ton of FB groups these days too, and they have a lot of guys selling.
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

I've never see any add on 'Face Book'.

But then again I've never been on Face Book... :D

Cheerio,
Roy
My website: www.fsknife.com
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

RoyS wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:44 pm I've never see any add on 'Face Book'.

But then again I've never been on Face Book... :D

Cheerio,
Roy
I tried face book and it just wasn't for me, didn't get far enough to know they even had a marketplace. Each to their own I guess.
2024 candidate for president
QGofLake

Post by QGofLake »

I've been seeing em like swarms of mosquitos in a swamp. They seem to mostly push fake Benchmade, Bucks and Kershaw's. I post a comment along with a fraud related meme. Then I report the ad itself and the page from which the ad was launched.

This seems to really piss them off. Using one of their spammer profiles, I was sent a message telling me stop or they'd kill my family. Quite brazen and entitled they are
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

QGofLake wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:33 pm I've been seeing em like swarms of mosquitos in a swamp. They seem to mostly push fake Benchmade, Bucks and Kershaw's. I post a comment along with a fraud related meme. Then I report the ad itself and the page from which the ad was launched.

This seems to really piss them off. Using one of their spammer profiles, I was sent a message telling me stop or they'd kill my family. Quite brazen and entitled they are
I'd tell them to come on over, but say your prayers first. Not only do I like knives but I like guns too!!!
2024 candidate for president
QGofLake

Post by QGofLake »

sammy the blade wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:04 am
QGofLake wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:33 pm I've been seeing em like swarms of mosquitos in a swamp. They seem to mostly push fake Benchmade, Bucks and Kershaw's. I post a comment along with a fraud related meme. Then I report the ad itself and the page from which the ad was launched.

I'd tell them to come on over, but say your prayers first. Not only do I like knives but I like guns too!!!
Oh yes! I had some choice things to say and would happily provide quite a lethal response to their visit. I am with you and like guns too :-)

The thing that gets me is the lacksadaisical attitude by SMKW, BenchMade, et al. They should have an employee staying on top of it commenting, reporting and inviting their customers to join whacking them. I alerted the respective companies and got a few mushy replies. The ads are costing them sales. A few FB users thanked me saying they were leaning towards making a buy but saw my commentary.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I have seen the adds for the Glykon (Microtech) and Buck. They are certainly brazen.