Rosco 28cm/11" Kris Find

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Highspeedsteel

Rosco 28cm/11" Kris Find

Post by Highspeedsteel »

My best friend since we were in 5th grade called me over the weekend saying he was in town for a family reunion and that his uncle had given him a couple SBs to have or sell... turned out that one was a Rosco 11" kris. He swung by on his way home yesterday and dropped it off to me and I am pretty stoked, despite the bent back spring and that someone used a bent Allen wrench/hex key for the spring, but it's pretty sweet! I've only seen one other 11" Rosco kris and it's not in very good shape (I traded for that one last year to complete my set) but has anyone here seen another one? Thanks for looking

LGustin

Re: Rosco 28cm/11" Kris Find

Post by LGustin »

Very nice, I like it
john

Post by john »

Wicked cool 😎 do plan to restore it.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I need friends like that.
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

john wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:33 am Wicked cool 😎 do plan to restore it.
I'm not entirely sure honestly... I don't want to compromise the original scales for any reason and I don't mind knives remaining completely authentic. I get annoyed when I find out something I have was cleaned or repaired without knowing it beforehand and try to keep that mindset but I have sent a handful of things out to clean up a little tbh just for my own enjoyment. There are a lot of folks who buy beat up knives, get them cleaned up and sell them right away without disclosing any work done and I hate that.
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

fastr19 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:10 pm I need friends like that.
I have been best buddies with this guy since we were 10yrs old and are still always looking for stuff the other is after in the different hobbies we have... it's cool when you have friends that go back that far
john

Post by john »

I wouldn’t have a problem having the spine/lock tab straightened and replacing the kick spring. In my opinion it would improve the functionality and it would look fantastic. It’s your knife and your call.
John

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I think it's a great knife because of what it could be, and that's brought back to it's original glory. "Authentic" would be that original backspring straightened out to brand new condition as when it rolled off a workbench in my opinion. You say the kick spring was an allen key? :? I heard a new term recently as well: "Original Patina" :) I'm still trying to figure out how any patina could be original. :)

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

JulesVane wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:15 am I'm still trying to figure out how any patina could be original. :)
I agree with you Chris and I believe the metal can be chemically treated to give the appearance of original patina.
John