My say on the J-Man fiasco

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

My say on the J-Man fiasco

Post by Pushbutton »

Mods aren't babysitters. We are not teachers or disiplinarians. We don't get paid and we get no special perks. What we do is try when the moment arises is do the right thing be it an over zealous newbie posting about customs or a guy blatently advertising what he has for sale or just a troublemaker here for no other purpose then to cause trouble we are the buffer zone. I fail to see why this is even a big deal! We all know each other and fool around whether mod or member. I'll be the first to admit I have been to Bali Island maybe 5 times so I have no Idea whether Jman is around or not but thanks to these rather bizzare posts I now know. As a matter of fact there seems to be more then one post about this issue floating around. Tell me what is so life and death important if at the moment Jman isn't here? The rest of us are here thats what matters. I find this whole issue strange in the fact that there seems to be so much Hostility about where Jman is. Any number of you guys have the capabilities to be a mod. Would you all feel safer knowing we were back to full mod strength is that it. Your worried with one man down this place will be overrun with troll heathens and you need protection in numbers? I ran this for close to 3 years by myself and never once asked for help. Did I do a good job? I like to think with my limited powers during that time I did all I could, but I never squaked about it. Now there are 7 or 8 of us mods yet the fear factor seems to have settled in. I don't understand. Everyone here is cool for the most part but now it's like an old Frankenstein movie where the townspeople are rushing the castle. I mean Come on what the fuck is the big deal! No one ever heard of cutting someone some slack till we find out whats up. This whole thing disapoints me that it even started. For those who read this and still have a hair across there ass email Micky and whine to him cause frankly I am sick of listening to it. Everyones worried about there age maybe you should act your age instead of like little kids. Mods come and go if Jman has decided to go then he will be replaced their now does that make you feel better?You want to respond to this in a civil intelligent manner then please by all means do. If I get any idiotic rants then this is going to be locked so fast your head will spin.
PB
Last edited by Pushbutton on Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Check the off topic section boys, I'm off to go for the first phase of getting "Irished" up :lol:
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

O.K. Mr. PB.

I'm done! Thanks for unlocking it. Just PHucking with you cause we are usually on the other end. :lol: :lol: :lol: You can lock it now if you want.
I agree with most of your statement above but towards the end you started getting a little funny on us. You are talking to grown men here and some of it wasn't necessary.

"those who read this and still have a hair across there ass email Micky and whine to him cause frankly I am sick of listening to it. Everyones worried about there age maybe you should act your age instead of like little kids. "

I for one really don't care anymore who is a mod or not. Its justa very nice chat area for collectors and I don't want to see it go to shit but there are and always will be issues. Hey maybe its the long winter, who knows
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Claudester
When I got first interested in the internet I went to one of those schools on a matchbook cover that gaurantys it can teach you how to be a moderator in 6 mos. The tuition was cheap$11,500 so I said this is my calling. One of the first lessons the teacher kept hammering home was rather then argue always turn it around so they look imature and the thread will become so twisted no one will be able to remember what the thread was about. It's right on page 4 and you can't miss it cause there are only 5 pages in the book.
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:Claudester
When I got first interested in the internet I went to one of those schools on a matchbook cover that gaurantys it can teach you how to be a moderator in 6 mos. The tuition was cheap$11,500 so I said this is my calling. One of the first lessons the teacher kept hammering home was rather then argue always turn it around so they look imature and the thread will become so twisted no one will be able to remember what the thread was about. It's right on page 4 and you can't miss it cause there are only 5 pages in the book.
PB

Mr. PB
See how simple it is. If you would of put it that way right in the beginning I wouldn't have been so _ _ _ _ _ _ confused. Just wait P.B. and see how your mind works 6 or 7 years from now.

Now how about trying to get Micky out of here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy shit, I can't belive I said that one.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Lets see that would make Teq about 67 and you would be about 64 and I will be hmmm........ Why sir I would only be 58. What an amazing trick that was. I mean what are the chances of taking 3 seperate people from the audience and them all being different ages. Boy I wish I studied magic instead of the internet.
PB