Need work done on a switchblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Anthony_Anthony

Need work done on a switchblade

Post by Anthony_Anthony »

Hello, i recently bought a switchblade online and its beautiful except when closed the blade does not stay all the way closed. It opens just enough to expose the tip. My hope is to find someone who works on switchblades who can make it so that it stays locked all the way in when closed.
JulesVane

Re: Need work done on a switchblade

Post by JulesVane »

Anthony_Anthony wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:53 am Hello, i recently bought a switchblade online and its beautiful except when closed the blade does not stay all the way closed. It opens just enough to expose the tip. My hope is to find someone who works on switchblades who can make it so that it stays locked all the way in when closed.
The next section below, is Deforum with Bill DeShivs where discussing repairs and builds are talked about a lot. It's quite a common problem with these knives. First question would be, is the knife worth fixing? You'll need some pics.. Good luck!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

Is the searhole drilled all the way through?
Anthony_Anthony

Post by Anthony_Anthony »

im not sure. I know very little about switchblades but if theres a way to check i can do so.
john

Post by john »

The sear hole in question is the hole in the blade. Some are drilled half way into the blade some are drilled all the way through.
Most likely either the sear hole in the liner is too big or the button assemble is loose causing the blade to peel.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed