Me explaining knife mechanisms on video

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mario

Me explaining knife mechanisms on video

Post by Mario »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKtxuRVSS ... Zlcw%3D%3D

Myself explaining the differences between switchblades, spring assisted knives, gravity knives and butterfly knives. This is for all the people on my channel who keep getting the terminology wrong as to what makes a knife a switchblade vs a spring assist.

Sorry if I stutter a bit in this video or my tongue gets twisted (sounds like I said “pull the switch black” instead of “back” - LOL!). And yes, that lever lock had kind of a clunky opening. Didn’t lock until the lever flipped up.
Tom19176

Re: Me explaining knife mechanisms on video

Post by Tom19176 »

Good video ! I was impressed.
john

Post by john »

Awesome video excellent explanation of a switchblade and non switchblade knives. I believe that the term “Double Action” refers to an OTF that deploys and retracts the blade by moving the switch forward to deploy the blade and pulling the switch backwards to retract the blade automatically. A “single action” OTF deploys the blade automatically, but is retracted by non automatic means such as gravity, a pull bar, etc.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

John while I agree that double action for the OTF world means it works as you stated, but I have heard the side opening hidden release knives also called double action since you can open them as a manual or as a switchblade by using the hidden release....
john

Post by john »

Thank you for your explanation. I learned something new today.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed