Stag Made Italy 6

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Stag Made Italy 6

Post by Panzerfaust »

I got this 13-inch picklock yesterday. I remember seeing another Made Italy 6 with stainless stamp either on here or Sharper Deals a while back but can't remember details.
Attachments
2H8A9210.jpg
2H8A9210.jpg (61.85 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
2H8A9209-2.jpg
2H8A9209-2.jpg (186.73 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
2H8A9208.jpg
2H8A9208.jpg (84.23 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
john

Re: Stag Made Italy 6

Post by john »

Hi Matt,
Another beautiful knife for your collection. The stag is outstanding!
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Matt did not know that was you on FB ! lol
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Tom19176 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:23 pm Matt did not know that was you on FB ! lol
Yep, I joined a couple of switchblade groups last year. I wish the forums were as active as they once were and Sharper Deals is about dead. I think it was on Talkblade that I saw a picture of a Made Italy 6 with stainless stamp so I'm hoping someone will chime in. If the knife has been altered, I will accept the hit but I really feel like it is legit.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great stag Panzerfaust, absolutely love it

I'm sure I have seen this stamp somewhere on the forums aswell ,but havn't been around so cant quite think where .
It looks legit to me and its a fine sleek looking 13" knife with killer stag ,i'd be over the moon with it .

Thanks for the pics .

Ian
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

Wow!

That really is a beauty, 'very' well done mate. Lovely to see.

Cheerio,
Roy
My website: www.fsknife.com
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

That is a beautiful example in every way
rithvich

Post by rithvich »

Really nice Stag and a perfect blade. I see why you bought it!
boots

Post by boots »

Panzerfaust wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:37 pm
Tom19176 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:23 pm Matt did not know that was you on FB ! lol
Yep, I joined a couple of switchblade groups last year. I wish the forums were as active as they once were and Sharper Deals is about dead. I think it was on Talkblade that I saw a picture of a Made Italy 6 with stainless stamp so I'm hoping someone will chime in. If the knife has been altered, I will accept the hit but I really feel like it is legit.
Yeah, that's a fake. You better let me take it off your hands. :) Seriously that's a beautiful knife, I especially like the burnt orange tones.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

boots wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:14 pm
Panzerfaust wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:37 pm
Yeah, that's a fake. You better let me take it off your hands. :) Seriously that's a beautiful knife, I especially like the burnt orange tones.
I don't think there is anything fake about it but there were some questions on one of the Facebook groups on the stainless marking which is not typical although I have seen a picture of one other one. This is likely a very late pre-ban knife. The Made Italy 6 stamp was used by Cleveland Cutlery. I saw a manual stiletto on ebay last year that had Made Italy 6 on the front tang and Cleveland Cutlery on the back. I don't know if they were the only ones to use that stamp though.
boots

Post by boots »

My apologies, I was kidding about the fake comment. It's a beautiful knife and I'm sure there's nothing fake about it.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

boots wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:09 am My apologies, I was kidding about the fake comment. It's a beautiful knife and I'm sure there's nothing fake about it.
No problem and I understood, thanks!
Lhooligan

Post by Lhooligan »

I think it was a shop identifying,.stamp,.I've seen it on several old stilettos over the years,.and you see 6 next to several different stamps.inox,.sometimes stainless.,also Made in Italy stamps.,You're correct 6 were sold by Cleveland cutlery.but I think it may have just been luck of the draw,.or their suppliers bought frome same blade maker,.hence different combos of stamps w 6 incorporated into them.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Lhooligan wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:38 am I think it was a shop identifying,.stamp,.I've seen it on several old stilettos over the years,.and you see 6 next to several different stamps.inox,.sometimes stainless.,also Made in Italy stamps.,You're correct 6 were sold by Cleveland cutlery.but I think it may have just been luck of the draw,.or their suppliers bought frome same blade maker,.hence different combos of stamps w 6 incorporated into them.
That's the best theory I have heard on the 6 stamp. It seems to be fairly common on U.S. imports, both auto and manual versions.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

My only complaint about this knife is that the edge is as dull as a butter knife. I'm thinking about adding it to my EDC rotation so any suggestions on how to get the blade honed razor sharp? :lol: