can we talk akc knives, please.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

Re: can we talk akc knives, please.

Post by Tom19176 »

Jackalope wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:11 am Those curved ones look like a case of Peyronie's disease. 😲
So true! A dealer at the Mystic show said he may have them in by the show....Should be funny to look at them !
frosolone

Post by frosolone »

Maybe it's just an identity problem, it's Italian but it identifies as Chinese.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Jackalope wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:11 am Those curved ones look like a case of Peyronie's disease. 😲
Good one, lol.
2024 candidate for president
QGofLake

Post by QGofLake »

Hello SnakeBit and all,

I am new here also and like you snakebit, enjoy a good mystery.

My guess is the knife you purchased was made in Yangjiang. It is a Chinese perfecture which is renown for knife making. Here is a link to one such wholesaler. I see A LOT of familiar items on its website with low low bulk prices.

https://voss2017.en.made-in-china.com/p ... log-1.html

I began to become suspicious at the "two" US online dealer sites when I noticed the same knife would have a brand of AKC, Roma, etc and the country of origin would be "Italy" or "Hong Kong, Italy" with descriptions all over the place. I sent them an email specifically about the curved knives with a link to the item on their store labeled with the COO as Italy and got back...

"For some, the blades are manufactured in Italy, whilst the remainder of the knife is manufactured in Hong Kong--thus, the two countries. The country of origin is up-to-date and verified as we receive all of the product directly from the manufacturer."

I think they just buy the whole thing in bulk from a Yangjiang wholesaler and write whatever they want. The markup is MASSIVE and something like 1500%.

It looks like the Chinese imitations started to hit about 5 years ago, and no doubt people more seasoned would know better than me. I looked at the review dates on the two sites and also found some youtube videos where people bought these off of dhgate, wish, etc and then did reviews noting the dates.

Clearly they have been selling the Chinese knives with AKC branding for quite some time and as noted by others here, AKC recently got in on the action with the AKC World "line" of knives. It makes me wonder what agreement if any occurred. At least though, knifeshop is honest about the country of origin.
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

"For some, the blades are manufactured in Italy, whilst the remainder of the knife is manufactured in Hong Kong--thus, the two countries. The country of origin is up-to-date and verified as we receive all of the product directly from the manufacturer."

Yeah, right.... Chinese are buying blades made in italy.
Tell me another whopper. :roll:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The Chinese knives are made 100% in China.
The rest is BS.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Bill is correct....These are 100% from China
QGofLake

Post by QGofLake »

Billyfish wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:32 am "For some, the blades are manufactured in Italy, whilst the remainder of the knife is manufactured in Hong Kong--thus, the two countries. The country of origin is up-to-date and verified as we receive all of the product directly from the manufacturer."

Yeah, right.... Chinese are buying blades made in italy.
Tell me another whopper. :roll:
No doubt! In my email to them, I also included a link to the curvy knife on knifeshop which accurately says Made in China, yet they still saw it fit to send this insulting reply.

Bill, describing their response as BS is being generous. :-)
Dave. B

Post by Dave. B »

Tom19176 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:41 am Bill is correct....These are 100% from China
Maniago China :shock: