can we talk akc knives, please.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: can we talk akc knives, please.

Post by JulesVane »

Well, it's "official"...Direct from the source, Angelo's online store. AKC WORLD. My heart is officially broken. 'Tis a dark day, folks!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

https://www.knifeshop.com/en/product/59 ... akk-2.html

Just about to post the same.....Sad day....
rithvich

Post by rithvich »

Looks like that knife spent too much time in the shipping container and melted. Hope he got a discount
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Looks like it's made backwards. Dead giveaway for China.
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Well, it's "official"...Direct from the source, Angelo's online store. AKC WORLD. My heart is officially broken. 'Tis a dark day, folks!

Well stated Chris, I totally agree with you.

Jim
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Shame to see this .
Thanks for letting us know Chris ,sad day indeed.

Ian
Dave. B

Post by Dave. B »

WOW... What a let down. How long before all the AKC line is made in china?
Lhooligan

Post by Lhooligan »

What the heck is this!? China had the bad idea first and Akc copied em,.or did akc have the preposterous idea 1st!?! Lol smh..TERRIBLE.,the worst!! Ewwweee,.
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

That knife is definitely sharpened on the wrong side unless it's meant to use like a Korambi or a Jambiya.
It would definitely be awkward to stab with, which iirc stilettos are meant to be used for.
snakebit

Post by snakebit »

this is behind me now. i did send the knife back. i got a ton of information, too, regarding stilettos from italy. that will help me.

i got a look at the comment card from the vendor that's tacked to my account. i'm paraphrasing, but it said "customer complained about an "akc world " knife. customer said it was counterfeit."

i not sure that's what i said, it was just a question of what did the wording "world" mean and where exactly was that knife made if it's not marked italy. i was confused, thought i was buying an italian made knife and the fact no one knew exactly where my knife was made.

this transpired via email, not phone calls. i was polite, never accusing. and i don't believe i ever mentioned the vendor while talking about this knife. so, no outing was done by me. i don't work like that. and i mentioned several times it was a beautifully done knife. another time and place in my collecting and i'd have most likely kept it. but at that point i wanted an italian made knife, not a copy or one made under license. it was implied once that the word "world" on the knife means it was manufactured in one of several facilities throughout the world.

this closes this for me. no one in the industry has yet told me exactly where the knife was made. i'll just be more cautious in the future. and again, nothing was wrong with the basic knife physically. thanks to all who were patient and helped me with this.
Mario

Post by Mario »

JulesVane wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:38 pm Well, it's "official"...Direct from the source, Angelo's online store. AKC WORLD. My heart is officially broken. 'Tis a dark day, folks!

Ugh! Whoever thought that design was a good idea must have been smoking dope! LOL!

The Roma’s on the other hand are actually pretty nice. They merge both Italian and Russian styles very well.

It’s disappointing that Angelo has gone this route, but it’s just the reality of our current world economics.
QGofLake

Post by QGofLake »

I agree that Asia made Italian autos is quite unfortunate. No doubt some of the Asian made knives are nicely done, while others much less so. Just the same, I don't see the trend as a good one.

It can make things kind of like building an "Italian" computer mouse collection.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Looks to me like if you don't buy commie you ain't gonna get much anymore. Damned shame what it's come to but it seems like the only thing made in America anymore are babies!
2024 candidate for president
Dave. B

Post by Dave. B »

sammy the blade wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:38 am Looks to me like if you don't buy commie you ain't gonna get much anymore. Damned shame what it's come to but it seems like the only thing made in America anymore are babies!
Americans don't make babies anymore, either.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Those curved ones look like a case of Peyronie's disease. 😲