Rizzy Confusion...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ColdEthyl

Rizzy Confusion...

Post by ColdEthyl »

I've read all the threads I can find about these two and I'm *more* confused! Just want to make sure that these look legit. Thanks in advance!
IMG_3351.jpg
IMG_3351.jpg (243.57 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_3352.jpg
IMG_3352.jpg (332.23 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_3357.jpg
IMG_3357.jpg (225.86 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_3356.jpg
IMG_3356.jpg (197.22 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
IMG_3360.jpg
IMG_3360.jpg (223.12 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
sammy the blade

Re: Rizzy Confusion...

Post by sammy the blade »

Looks legit to me.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

sammy the blade wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:02 pm Looks legit to me.
I agree
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I 3rd legit lol

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Thank you, oh wise ones!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Totally Legit. These days $200+ each
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Fine examples of a great iconic knife.

I would love to own either of them ,they are in great condition and will appreciate in value when the next gen.of collectors catch the Switchblade bug.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

gravknife wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:23 am Fine examples of a great iconic knife.

I would love to own either of them ,they are in great condition and will appreciate in value when the next gen.of collectors catch the Switchblade bug.
Thank you, Tom and gravknife....I want to make sure I don't upset anyone by missing something, since I don't know what to look for. I've heard people mention "clones" of these pieces, so I needed to be sure. Again, thank you TB friends for helping this newbie.
frosolone

Post by frosolone »

I concur.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

frosolone wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:28 pmI concur.
ditto.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

They are both legit. The one on the left is likely from the 1960s and the other one was probably made in the 1970s. Although some collectors are critical of these knives because they are cheaply made, they are old enough now that there is a high interest in them. The Rizzuto was in many movies and television shows from the 1970s and 1980s so that adds to their nostalgic appeal. There is a scene in the 1983 movie "Christine" that switchblade collectors love because it has a close up of the knife opening.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Panzerfaust wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:14 am They are both legit. The one on the left is likely from the 1960s and the other one was probably made in the 1970s. Although some collectors are critical of these knives because they are cheaply made, they are old enough now that there is a high interest in them. The Rizzuto was in many movies and television shows from the 1970s and 1980s so that adds to their nostalgic appeal. There is a scene in the 1983 movie "Christine" that switchblade collectors love because it has a close up of the knife opening.
EW. Now I have to watch that terrifying flick. Though nowhere near as disturbing as Cujo or any number of his books. <wink> Thx for the tip. I think it's interesting that some of the interest in certain knives all stems from film. I gotta say, cheaply made or not, these Rizzys feel *amazing* when fired! Every time I push a button on any blade it's like cranking a tin monkey box circa 1975...I make this distressed anticipatory face and then jump when they finally open. It's a slow fun torture.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

ColdEthyl wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:49 pm
Panzerfaust wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:14 am They are both legit. The one on the left is likely from the 1960s and the other one was probably made in the 1970s. Although some collectors are critical of these knives because they are cheaply made, they are old enough now that there is a high interest in them. The Rizzuto was in many movies and television shows from the 1970s and 1980s so that adds to their nostalgic appeal. There is a scene in the 1983 movie "Christine" that switchblade collectors love because it has a close up of the knife opening.
EW. Now I have to watch that terrifying flick. Though nowhere near as disturbing as Cujo or any number of his books. <wink> Thx for the tip. I think it's interesting that some of the interest in certain knives all stems from film. I gotta say, cheaply made or not, these Rizzys feel *amazing* when fired! Every time I push a button on any blade it's like cranking a tin monkey box circa 1975...I make this distressed anticipatory face and then jump when they finally open. It's a slow fun torture.
Here is a clip of the scene and you can also find the entire scene on youtube. Films can play a part in the interest and when I was in my teens, I would watch any movie that had a switchblade. When VCRs came along, I would watch the switchblade scenes over and over again. Yes, I am OCD LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtI3hkRXV8Y
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I'd feel more protected with a butter knife.
2024 candidate for president
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Panzerfaust wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:46 pm
ColdEthyl wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:49 pm
Here is a clip of the scene and you can also find the entire scene on youtube. Films can play a part in the interest and when I was in my teens, I would watch any movie that had a switchblade. When VCRs came along, I would watch the switchblade scenes over and over again. Yes, I am OCD LOL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtI3hkRXV8Y
That's hilarious! My dad would walk past me watching any John Hughes flick for the twentieth time and shake his head...couldn't understand how I could watch things over and over and over. I guess I'll watch that clip now....<kicks the dirt a little>